Ads Covering Page

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 May 2017 1:53 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Anyone else having the same problem? When I open a page, the ads which normally run to the left or the right of the page are now covering the posts. Even if I close the ads, and not all of them allow you to, then the "we won't show this ad" message covers the posts.

Only when I look at someone elses post and it is getting rather annoying. I know the ads pay for the site and are generated elsewhere but wondering if it is just me or a change in the way the site is set up.

Like 0      
02 May 2017 5:51 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

You need an ad blocker Marie. Never go online without one. That and an internet protection system that blocks phony sites pretending to be real.

Like 0      
03 May 2017 9:59 AM by runnersteve Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Sounds like you have a browser or a adware problem. Depending on the issue antivirus might help, reinstalling your browser or resetting your settings

--steve

Like 0      
03 May 2017 10:52 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I've an ipad4, I've just been doing a bit of research & many are recommending Crystal as an ad blocker. It says it's 79p. http://crystalapp.co/

Do you have to pay for ad blockers? I assume you do. Is anyone using this one?

Like 0      
03 May 2017 11:42 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Seems to be fixed now. Ads on the left and right and not over the posts. 

Thanks for the advice on ad blockers.

Like 0      
03 May 2017 11:53 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"You need an ad blocker Marie. Never go online without one." 

Why not? Sounds like you are assuming all ads carry viruses. I personally use an adblocker, but not because I think the ads are dangerous in any way. 

If the ads are blocking the view of the website content, it's possibly a browser issue. Simply refreshing the site may solve the problem (F5, or the refresh button on your toolbar)

And no, there's no reason to pay for an adblocker, there are plenty of effective free ones available. 

P.S. long time no see, old friend!! wink

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Irish Passport - 11 posts
Cheapest site fees in Murcia - 2 posts
Renting for the first time locally to la cala and surrounding - 0 posts
Moving to calahonda - Schooling - 11 posts
filmon now charging - 8 posts
Social Security Papers - 1 posts
Wanted - Treadmill - 0 posts
NIE Number - 18 posts
property ownership - 4 posts
Spanish Bank Account For Non Residents - 10 posts
autonomo benefits - 9 posts
Health care - 2 posts
Lizzy - 4 posts
Writing a new Will - 29 posts
road tax in murcia - 1 posts
Green Bowling in Costa Blanca for all New & Old Expats. - 0 posts
Dog Food Mar Menor Region - 4 posts
Moving to Spain with 2 dogs - 1 posts
Are there blog writers - 2 posts
second hand patio set - 1 posts
Wanted relief animal shelter managers - 3 posts
Replacement cooker hob knobs - 4 posts
Cheap Electricity - 0 posts
charges - 0 posts
Good Spanish schools in Fuengirola or Mijas - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x