property ownership

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Apr 2017 3:22 PM by peterbaz Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

hi folks ive been given varying views on property ownership , ,,,,,

my partner and i plan to settle in spain we plan to marry before we move my question is what happens if (when ) one of us dies ? we're being told different views some are saying that the government take a chunk of your assets property ect ect .... your views please thanks

Like 0      
30 Apr 2017 3:50 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Peter. I just sent you a PM.  It was a copy of a PM I had sent to someone else so is rather personalised, so let me know if you need another angle covered

This message was last edited by johnzx on 30/04/2017.

Like 0      
30 Apr 2017 4:05 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Not being able to see Johnzx PM, it would rather depend on which part of Spain you are moving to. Spain is made up of autonomous regions and they don't have the same rules on inheritance tax (unless you're non resident in which case the national rules will apply). As a resident, these taxes vary considerably. From virtually nothing in some places to 25% or more on half the remaining assets. Check carefully on the rules in each autonomous region if you are worried about this.

Like 3      
30 Apr 2017 6:30 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Peter

In general terms the surviving spouse will have to pay inheritance tax on whatever they inherit from the deceased spouse unlike the UK.

As mariedav says it does vary from region to region.

As always seek professional advice to get an accurate picture of your own personal circumstances

Like 0      
30 Apr 2017 9:19 PM by peterbaz Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hi Mariedav, Tadd 1966 and John... thank you very much for your response, much appreciated xx

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish Bank Account For Non Residents - 10 posts
autonomo benefits - 9 posts
Health care - 2 posts
Lizzy - 4 posts
Writing a new Will - 29 posts
road tax in murcia - 1 posts
Green Bowling in Costa Blanca for all New & Old Expats. - 0 posts
Dog Food Mar Menor Region - 4 posts
Moving to Spain with 2 dogs - 1 posts
Are there blog writers - 2 posts
second hand patio set - 1 posts
Wanted relief animal shelter managers - 3 posts
Replacement cooker hob knobs - 4 posts
Cheap Electricity - 0 posts
charges - 0 posts
Good Spanish schools in Fuengirola or Mijas - 4 posts
Looking to buy propriety in La Teria - 22 posts
HACIENDA ALAMO GOLF RESORT - 0 posts
Sports equipment shop murcia area - 3 posts
No internet in Mijas Golf - 0 posts
Deposit Return - 39 posts
Electric vehicle charging in Spain - 5 posts
Auto Electrician - 6 posts
Bank Guarantees and IVA - 5 posts
Football supporter reports - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x