Invalidity pension

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Feb 2017 2:03 AM by angel2 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi,

I have lived in Spain for 11 years. I receive an invalidity pension from Spain. I have worked but my boss only paid tax on my salary for 3 months. I live on my own so this is the only money coming into the house. I have read that if you have lived here for over 10 years before retirement age and not worked you are entitled to a pension from Spain. Does that mean I will get a pension from Spain along with my pension from the UK? Thanks in advance  

Like 0      
24 Feb 2017 8:20 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

You say you have been  employed for 11 years you need to find out if your boss has paid the € 250 per month  N.I contributions .....N.I contributions has nothing to do with tax.....  go along to your Department of Health Social Security and they will give you a immediate  answer  good luck..

This message was last edited by windtalker on 24/02/2017.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2017 2:48 AM by angel2 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

No I said that I have lived in Spain for 11 years.  I receive an invalidity pension from Spain. I have worked but my boss only paid tax on my salary for 3 months. I live on my own so this is the only money coming into the house. I have read that if you have lived here for over 10 years before retirement age and not worked you are entitled to a pension from Spain. Does that mean I will get a pension from Spain along with my pension from the UK?

Like 0      
25 Feb 2017 9:16 AM by Elsietanner Star rating in Alicante & New York. 164 posts Send private message

Elsietanner´s avatar

** EDITED - off thread**

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 2/25/2017 11:47:00 AM.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2017 9:21 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

According to the Spanish DSS web site you need a minimum of 15 years contributions ..... But it could well be as you have been claiming a invalidity pension from spain that the Spanish government makes a contribution for you as you are no longer fit for work .This is what the UK government does in the UK so it could well be the same in Spain as I said go along to you local DSS office with a interpreter if you do not speak Spanish and I will say again Tax has nothing to do with paying NI contributions. Good luck.

Like 1      
25 Feb 2017 2:03 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

You need to go and see a proper pension adviser. You have to have worked (or paid contributions) for a minimum of 15 years in Spain but you can get a lower pension if you haven't done that. If you have paid the minimum NI contributions in UK (which is, I believe, 10 years but they keep changing the rules) then you can add those years to your Spanish contributions and you will receive that pension from Spain. This can be done if you have worked in any EU country but, of course ,the rules may change soon.

But, as said, go and see a pensions adviser as it all depends on your circumstances.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car Center Murcia - 0 posts
Any private health insurance recommendations for living in Spain - 0 posts
jackbean - 4 posts
Fire Stick/Kodi in Spain - 7 posts
Re Registering my LHD vehicle in Spain - 8 posts
Moving to spain hello we are lorenzo 48,Carolien 46 and Cassidy nearly 4 - 4 posts
Your own car hire business - 0 posts
Trampolin Hills and liability of La Caixa and other banks according to LEY 57/1968 - 3 posts
What a relief!! - 6 posts
Ownership of property - 6 posts
WHAT IS A SPANISH PROPERTY REALY WORTH - 83 posts
Electricity costs - 21 posts
Getting Eu registration certificate if working part-time - 10 posts
My Offer has been accepted - 109 posts
towing in Spain - 3 posts
Sevilla v Leicester football tickets - 0 posts
Having second thoughts - 9 posts
ICE CREAM VAN SALES - 8 posts
Resident of daya vieja - 3 posts
Expenses when selling in Spain - 2 posts
Internet and TV in Mijas Pueblo - 4 posts
Trellis on top of wall - 4 posts
Access to Spain Public Health for pensioners in Spain - 4 posts
Deadline for declaration of UK rent - 1 posts
HACIANDA DEL ALAMO GOLF RESORT - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x