Fire Stick/Kodi in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Feb 2017 9:21 AM by clg1972 Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

Hi,

I wonder if any of the technically minded can assist. I have wifi in Spain. If I purchase a Amazn Fire stick (kodi loaded - whatever that means!!), how difficult is it to set up. Is it just a case of putting it into the usb socket and off you go? Also, if I bring from the UK to Spain, will I get all the English channels and is it then possible to watch the football/sky sports?

Thanks,

Like 0      
23 Feb 2017 9:34 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I wonder if any of the technically minded can assist. I have wifi in Spain. If I purchase a Amazn Fire stick (kodi loaded - whatever that means!!), how difficult is it to set up. Is it just a case of putting it into the usb socket and off you go? Also, if I bring from the UK to Spain, will I get all the English channels and is it then possible to watch the football/sky sports?

I am not that tech minded so just a little help, for more help though google it, or go onto Ebay and put it in the search box you will get many sellers explaining what you can do and how to do it, also wise to remember as of the news lately they are trying to clamp down on these things, a couple of, maybe frightners have gone out of late where by the powers to be have prosecuted people who load these gizzmos with just about everything to watch. 

You need a decent internet speed to get a continues download flow otherwise continous buffering can be very annoying, I use a box just for films with an internet speed of 18 whatsits and have no problems, I know of some who have a lot less and still get good shows. 

As I said google it, or Ebay them, you will be amazed at the information about them.

Like 0      
23 Feb 2017 9:42 AM by potblack Star rating in Alicante & Singapore. 233 posts Send private message

potblack´s avatar

You will need a lot of patience with this. You can actually download KODI to your computer, personalise it and play about with it to get use to it. Basically there are lots of channels (streams) one day they work, the next day they don’t. Sometimes while watching something you get half way through it then it stops. It can be dependent on the demand on a stream.  

Like 0      
23 Feb 2017 10:14 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I have been using a Android TV box that I bought of eBay 4 years back it turns you TV into a smart TV I paid £50 for it back then ......I have just upgraded to a new Android box that has a( Octa core processor ) cost £60 of eBay make sure the box you buy is (fully loaded )this meens the box is pre loaded with the programs you will require to get you going you can also download new site's on to the box if the box you buy does not have ukiptv and showbox already on it don't worry just download them on to the box and you will have UK TV and free movies and thousands and thousands of other Chanel's from around the world  make sure you buy a box with the new Octa core processor ...Do not buy a fire stick the processor is to slow and you will get buffering.

Like 1      
24 Feb 2017 9:10 AM by clg1972 Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

Thanks all.

I guess I dont need to have  UK VPN for this?

Like 0      
24 Feb 2017 9:36 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

No you don't need a VPN to use Kodi as you're not trying to directly tap into a UK source.

I think you'll find the Fire Stick simple enough to use, but I agree with windtaker you are a lot better off with an android box - they can give masses more channels including live BBC, ITV etc which is perfectly legal in Spain as there's no TV licence system here.  Generally you don't need a VPN on an android box either. 

Like 0      
24 Feb 2017 9:54 AM by clg1972 Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

14 May 2018 1:24 PM by chrisd84 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I have a firestick in the bedroom and it works fine, it all depends on how good or not good your internet is really.

This message was last edited by chrisd84 on 14/05/2018.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Re Registering my LHD vehicle in Spain - 8 posts
Moving to spain hello we are lorenzo 48,Carolien 46 and Cassidy nearly 4 - 4 posts
Your own car hire business - 0 posts
Trampolin Hills and liability of La Caixa and other banks according to LEY 57/1968 - 3 posts
What a relief!! - 6 posts
Ownership of property - 6 posts
WHAT IS A SPANISH PROPERTY REALY WORTH - 83 posts
Electricity costs - 21 posts
Getting Eu registration certificate if working part-time - 10 posts
My Offer has been accepted - 109 posts
towing in Spain - 3 posts
Sevilla v Leicester football tickets - 0 posts
Having second thoughts - 9 posts
ICE CREAM VAN SALES - 8 posts
Resident of daya vieja - 3 posts
Expenses when selling in Spain - 2 posts
Internet and TV in Mijas Pueblo - 4 posts
Trellis on top of wall - 4 posts
Access to Spain Public Health for pensioners in Spain - 4 posts
Deadline for declaration of UK rent - 1 posts
HACIANDA DEL ALAMO GOLF RESORT - 3 posts
Solar energy - 22 posts
Hidralia - 5 posts
Fibre optic service - 3 posts
Unpaid Community Fees (again) - 18 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x