Mobile phones

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Nov 2016 4:38 PM by jnj Star rating in UK. 7 posts Send private message

jnj´s avatar

Recently I asked about buying electrical goods, and am really grateful for all advice. Our experience of living abroad is based on 12 years in Turkey, and although have visited Spain for holidays, we are really forward to buying in the Alicante area. In Turkey any UK mobile phones could only be used for a short time before they were blocked. If you wanted to use them for a long period, the phones would have to registered at customs for an extortionate fee. Hence most people bought Turkish phones and Turkish sim cards. My question is, can I use my UK phone in Spain with a Spanish sim card, or must I buy a Spanish phone. Thanks in advance for any help.

Like 0      
13 Nov 2016 5:24 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

How does the phone know if it is Spanish or English? The SIM card is the one that matters. You will, however, have to register the SIM by using your passport. You can use one with a UK SIM in it for as long as you like and, with roaming charges set to disappear completely, may not be more expensive than a Spanish SIM. 

Like 0      
13 Nov 2016 6:05 PM by jnj Star rating in UK. 7 posts Send private message

jnj´s avatar

Thank you Mariedav. As I said, my only experiences are based on Turkey, whose regulations and restrictions on many aspects of life were becoming very difficult. Hence our decision to sell up. Thank you again.

Like 0      
13 Nov 2016 7:35 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

You can use any mobile phone as long it is open to all networks ,take you phone into any shop that sells sim cards and ask them to set it up for you ,all you have to do is keep it topped up ,the particular phone I use takes two sim cards so I have one  sim for the UK and one for Spain so I only have to carry one phone.

Like 0      
13 Nov 2016 8:19 PM by jnj Star rating in UK. 7 posts Send private message

jnj´s avatar

Hi Windtalker. Thank you very much, thats just the info I was needing. Really grateful

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Gas Conversion - 2 posts
Moving to Spain - 4 posts
Organizations/Social Groups/Clubs in Xabia/Javea for 30 year olds. - 5 posts
short changed from ATM machine - 8 posts
Christmas day Santiago De La Ribera/San Javier - 0 posts
3 bed accommodation sought - 3 posts
FIFA Bans Poppy - 8 posts
Shower screens/enclosures - 6 posts
Equestrian rental - 1 posts
Tax implications of owning two properties, one in UK, the other in Spain? - 2 posts
Property Sales Warning - 0 posts
Hello - 2 posts
Form 210 in English, and with instrutions - 54 posts
Taking the plunge - Moving to Spain - 13 posts
New members - 13 posts
Spanish official electronic certificate - 1 posts
The dangers of the new smart meters - 8 posts
AGM VOTING PROBLEM - 9 posts
Looking for a long term rental in valencia area - 1 posts
CONSTRUCTION FINANCE IN SPAIN – WHAT DOES THE TERM LOAN TO VALUE MEAN - 2 posts
Spanish radio - 0 posts
gypsy flower sellers - 3 posts
weekly newsletter - 1 posts
bankia - 0 posts
Self move using a hire van - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x