Proxy Votes

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Oct 2016 1:37 PM by On a mission ! Star rating in Caleta de Fuste,Fuer.... 52 posts Send private message

On a mission !´s avatar

Our AGM is approaching and, as usual, rumours are rife and all sorts of apparently underhanded stuff is going on !!

It is rumoured that the law has been changed regarding Permanent Proxy Votes, to the extent that they are no longer valid !!!???

Does anyone know if this is true and that now a proxy vote can only be given on a one-off basis for each AGM ?

Any help much appreciated !

Like 0      
13 Oct 2016 7:14 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

I have to say, as a President, I personally have never heard of permanent proxies.

I thought proxies had to be given at each and every AGM or EGM especially as different issued are discussed.

Like 0      
14 Oct 2016 7:55 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Our President had 25 or so  Proxy votes for various Owners in our Development  at this years AGM.Is this legal in terms of the Spanish Civil Law or the Horizontal Law in Spain. Please can Mario De Castro comment on this question.

Thank You

Nigel

Like 0      
14 Oct 2016 4:41 PM by On a mission ! Star rating in Caleta de Fuste,Fuer.... 52 posts Send private message

On a mission !´s avatar

Thank you hugh_man for your reply. I find that really strange because we've had Permanent Proxy Votes in our Community for ten years to my certain knowledge, two years of which I was President myself. Maybe the islands are different from the mainland ? I have no idea.

Thank you nigel188 for your reply. It seems that you have a similar problem to mine, except that for me it's over 50% of the total votes, probably largely due to 80% of the owners not being occupiers.

I would also be very interested in an comment that Maria de Castro may make when she has time !

Like 0      
14 Oct 2016 11:28 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Nigel

It is fairly normal for owners to offer their proxy for the AGM to the President

1. If theyvarecrelatively happy with how things are run.

2. If they don't know other trusted owners.

This is why at times it can be difficult to overrule a President if he wants supreme power.

Many Communities in Soain heave large amounts of non resident owners, it strikes me as very contrived and very apathetic to hold over 50% of long term proxies, especially as there are different votes, budgets etc. To approve at every meeting.

Have you asked for proof of these proxies?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Fuengirola Marina Mini Market - 0 posts
Touring Caravan for Sale - Nerja Area - 1 posts
La Llacuna / Villalonga / Valencia - 2 posts
Roof terrace design - Malaga -> Marbella - 1 posts
Travelling to UK with NON EU Wife - 5 posts
Eurona Telecom - 3 posts
Looking to join a concert band - 0 posts
Selling a UK car - 2 posts
Changing Nie Number Details - 3 posts
Changing from Movistar to Hits Mobile - 2 posts
Sub letting in Gran Canaria - 0 posts
Sunny Spain - 2 posts
Banos Y Mendigo - 8 posts
Hi all :) - 1 posts
CAR FOR SALE - 0 posts
Americans Face Difficult Retirement Visa (Residencia de Jubilado) in Spain - 4 posts
ikea ( liatorp ) furniture for sale - 0 posts
Eye Watering Agua Factura AMJASA Javea - 29 posts
New Cross Fit Workout Gym - 1 posts
Well done Do You Spain Car Hire - 2 posts
EU Countries - 6 posts
Peinsa 97 SL under creditor´s meeting - 0 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers. Recommendation - 7 posts
Is Ireland at risk of another banking crisis? - 5 posts
Problems with your S.I.P. card - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x