Long term rental property la manga club

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Aug 2016 3:36 PM by sueted Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi, my name is sue and we are relocating to spain, we are looking for a 3/4 bed minimum long term rental property on the la manga club, if anybody knows of anyone wishing to long term let their property please could you let me know and thank you

Like 0      
19 Aug 2016 7:35 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

With the greatest rspect, are you sure you want La Manga Club?  We decided to stay there whilst we looked for property a few years ago and it was a big mistake.  The rent you pay is arguably double the market rate, the facilities disappointing and the restuarants expensive and boring.

There are a lot better places and others which have less folk wearing wearing Union Flag shorts.

Like 2      
19 Aug 2016 8:54 PM by sueted Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

thanks for your reply, i am new to forums but you are exactly the reason why i decided to post, as we are new to this area of spain like you we thought the la manga club would be a good place to rent whilst we look for something more permanent but i would appreciate your knowledge about which areas you would recommend and thanks

Like 0      
19 Aug 2016 10:13 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Why not come over for 2 weeks stay in a hotel rent a car and have a good look around you will then see for yourself 

Like 0      
20 Aug 2016 10:51 AM by sueted Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi, we have been out and looked around and we liked the la manga club cos it felt safe and felt a good place to stay whilst we look for a villa but that is why i was interested in what the other person thought of other areas so we could look at those places which is why i asked them where they recommended

Like 0      
20 Aug 2016 11:09 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

You have so much choice and many areas are safe and cheaper than la manga and too many to name

Los montesinos is a very nice village as is the area playa flamenco villa martin with a large exoat area

Then you have mojacar or dare I say it camposol

Keep going south and you have costa del sol or North to alicante  vendor valencia Barcelona and many places in between 

Good luck

Like 0      
20 Aug 2016 12:04 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

We were so disappointed with La Manga we left before our stay completed.  There are better areas on La Manga, but where we booked was very high density and even finding a parking space near the block of flats was a pain. 

Of course it depends what you're looking for but we found that Mazarron & Isla Plana ticked most of our boxes and at literally half the price.

This message was last edited by acer on 20/08/2016.

Like 0      
20 Aug 2016 4:11 PM by sueted Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

can i just ask you did you stay on the la manga strip or at the la manga club

Like 0      
20 Aug 2016 5:06 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar

If you want the best of both worlds you are probably better off staying somewhere like Cabo de Palos La Manga strip is a Spanish holiday resort very busy and noisy in July and August but much quieter off season with deserted beaches and very few places to eat at night unless you like pizzas Cabo de Palos is a working fishing village and there is a lot more happening all year round La Manga strip can be a bit of a bind the further you go down as there is only one way out and you find yourself repeating your journey time and again 

Like 0      
20 Aug 2016 5:56 PM by sueted Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

thank you for your response think ive confused you, we arent looking at the strip we are looking for a rental on la manga club

Like 0      
20 Aug 2016 6:02 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Sueted, we stayed at La Manga Club. 

Some friends have a mooring for their boat at La Manga strip and we've been there a few times and for me it's also a bit lacking.  As Scubamike says it's very seasonal - it looks good on the map, but and we found it all a bit plasticy and lacking in any personality.

If you are looking in that area I suggest Los Alcazares might be worth a look, but it's all a matter of personal taste.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Directions - 3 posts
New to Spain..Any suggestions? - 18 posts
Patio Pressure Washers - 3 posts
Moving to Spain as a maintenance caretaker - 3 posts
Identify the plot from the Nota Simple information - 3 posts
Hi all - 5 posts
safest way of sending a bankers draft from Spain to the UK - 20 posts
Lapsed planning permission - 1 posts
buying a car - 5 posts
What happens to Negative Equity in divorce? - 0 posts
Rural houses in Andalucia- Business questions - 0 posts
Habitability license - 2 posts
Realistic time frame to sell property in Murcia to upgrade? - 5 posts
Double cream in spain - 4 posts
Planning move to murcia - 3 posts
finding a reasonable priced static caravan site - 1 posts
Repsol gas bottles - 9 posts
Research on the Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Spanish Lessons - 29 posts
Repairs to properties within a community - 25 posts
Agents fees on a rental - 1 posts
Gardener needed in the Santiago De La Ribera area - 2 posts
Utility bills - 5 posts
UK Bankruptcy effects in Spain - 4 posts
Bus timetables from Formentera del segura to Alicante - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x