Airtel Aircondition Units

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by Cuando estara listo? Star rating in Wilmslow. 38 posts Send private message

Can anyone tell me about Airtel aircondition units ie reccomend / not reccomend. I have been quoted €750, 3Kw for lounge and €705, 2.5Kw for each bedroom including fitting. Is this reasonable.

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 4:52 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

These prices don't seem so bad.  I have seen much more expensive ones quoted on this site.  On the other hand, I don't know what they mean by 3kw and 2.5kw.  Normally they are rated in btu and you would need a 12000 btu for a largish living room and 6000btu for a bedroom.  We got ours from Carrefour and the 6000 btu is ideal for the bedroom but needs two for the living room.  Our units were 190 € each and fitting for both was €200 (sorry, but the details of the guy fitting them are in Spain so I can't give you a phone number) so we paid €580 for two fitted.  I note Carrefour are now selling 9000btu split aircons for around 200€ but are advertising them as €385 fitted (I think that was the price) so thats worth looking at.

Also, do the ones you have been quoted for do both aircon and heating?  We found the heating a real boon when we went over in January.  The only problem with them is that they can get a bit noisy.  The living room one, being underpowered, is on all the time so stays noisy whilst the bedroom cuts out when the room gets to the required temperature.

The prices you have been quoted sounds good as they are probably a step up from the ones the Carrefour sells.  I have seen 2,000 euros plus quoted for 2 units which seemed a bit excessive.  Our new place has aircon vents fitted so we will only need the outside unit fitted on the roof but I haven't had any quotes for that yet.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 5:23 PM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

I do not recognise Airtel as a manufacturer I am familiar with in the UK.  Personally I would only go with premium units, such as Daikin, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Hitachi, Carrier, Fujitsu etc., but that's because I am in that businesss in the UK and know what I can trust.  I have read a lot on this site about suspect A/C units and it concerns me.  You need to know whether you are buying cooling only units or heating & cooling (heat pumps) as there is a world of difference.  Also I assume the figures you give are outputs and 3kW is just over 10,000BThU's whilst 2.5kW is just over 8,500BthU's.  Also, take note of the refrigerant gas, I believe they are still selling R22 units in Spain, which is against EU law as it is a global warming gas.  There are newer types on the market (R407c for example), but they are more expensive.  I know little of prices in Spain as yet.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 6:34 PM by Cuando estara listo? Star rating in Wilmslow. 38 posts Send private message

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply and for your advice. These units do come with heating. I will find out which type of gas is used, I didn't know about this. I have searched the net for the manufacturer of this make of unit, but have drawn a blank. It is my management company who is recomending these units.I know cheap AC's are noisy and there is nothing worse.

Thanks again

Mike.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Where is Maria Delcastro? - 5 posts
Hiya all - 5 posts
Car Vandalism - 14 posts
New to this site :o) - Invalid in need of company - 10 posts
Altos De Campoamor Ramiro Apartments - 1 posts
Golden Retriever Free to a good home - 9 posts
Playa Flamenca - why so many properties for sale? - 11 posts
Information on Healthcare etc in Spain provided by Age Concern - 2 posts
Allegations period of Marbella PGOU open till September the 30th - 1 posts
Confusion - 4 posts
Internet - 2 posts
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria details please - 4 posts
BBQ's - 21 posts
Order of Postings - 14 posts
deesam56 - 3 posts
Big Increases in Some Mortgage Rates, (EURIBOR 4,763% 7/9/2007) - 3 posts
Norman/Lynne - 9 posts
Electrical Package - 6 posts
Security grills - 10 posts
Changes - 0 posts
Benidorm - 0 posts
Luciano Pavarotti has died aged 71, - 0 posts
Three bedroomed townhouse to for long term rental with broadband - 2 posts
Rafal - 3 posts
La Cala area - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x