Hello from utterly confused family considering moving my family to Spain or France. Craving insight from those who've done it! 

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Jun 2016 4:27 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

@heph. I do apologise, Heph, perhaps I misunderstood you. None of this is meant to be taken seriously - just imagine we're all nattering in a bar over a beer. 

Like 1      
13 Jun 2016 4:46 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

GuyT,

Well half of us are, it's persisting it down here so I knocked the top off a beer just as your post arrived, have you got my place bugged? wink

Cheers

heph

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
13 Jun 2016 4:53 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Camposol , have never been on sector A.     B and C only and the shop I went in was on the former, near where they have the weekly market.

Hope life is as you expected now you are back in UK.

Like 0      
13 Jun 2016 5:13 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Floella- the shop where they have the weekly market IS on A!

yes! We did the right thing by returning to the UK

we do miss the sun, obviously, but there are a lot more considerations than that when you are getting older

we didn't want to deal with problems of old age in Spain, and neither of us wanted to be on our own out there.

we certainly didn't want our children to have the hassle of sorting everything  in Spain when we are are gone.

its no good waiting till you are in your eighties before returning, it's quite a traumatic business selling and moving back to the UK plus finding a house, setting up again etc, etc.I think it will take a year or two to shake the sands of Spain from our shoes!

to those who say they can't afford to buy  house in the UK now, I would say you just have to set your sights lower

Buy a cheaper house , move further north

Like 2      
13 Jun 2016 6:13 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

My information was from friends we were visiting who used to live on B. So stand corrected.

Like 0      
14 Jun 2016 8:12 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

OP - Original Post(er)

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wheelchair accessible vehicles in Spain - 2 posts
hob and oven connection - 6 posts
almoradi - 0 posts
Moving to Murcia - 29 posts
I am searching for a gestoria in the province Castellón - 0 posts
Garden furniture - 0 posts
New to Forum - 0 posts
Spanish income Tax Declarations for 2015 - 14 posts
problems deregistering - 5 posts
Flight Compensation - 6 posts
Santiago De La Ribera - 2 posts
Collecting nie number - 3 posts
New Rental Rules, info re tenants to police - 0 posts
Buying a Property With Squatters in It? - 22 posts
Making a Power of Attorney (Poder) in Spain. - 1 posts
Swimming Pool Rules - 8 posts
Will Other Spanish Regions follow Barcelona - 15 posts
Rentals Question - 4 posts
Brittany Ferries - 0 posts
FOR SALE - Household Misc Items - 0 posts
Semi New Spinning Bike for Sale - 0 posts
Making a Will in Spain - 10 posts
Lawyer required - 11 posts
Reliable estate agent in Costa Calida/South Costa Blanca - 2 posts
Insure a Quad Trecking business - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 26

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x