IT ALL STARTED AT EYEONSPAIN! CostaLuz-Decastro VICTORY AT THE SUPREME COURT FOR OFF PLAN BUYERS

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 May 2016 9:33 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

I'm grateful for your input again Maria.  

I havnt seen a case yet from the Albatera, San Jose complex we put our deposit on, but I believe it was just the BBVA we are taking action against.  

I hope it's straightforward in our case.   Any experience of that site from anyone?

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
29 May 2016 9:32 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Ads: I would say that in that scenario, according to situation you are describing, interests will have to be awarded from date of payment and costs to be imposed to  the Bank.

Briando: I am reviewing on that. Will let you know

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 30/05/2016.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
31 May 2016 8:22 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Thank you Maria.

If a Bank chose not to appeal following a fully upheld ruling in favour of the client where the judge awarded costs but only recognised interest from the point of lawsuit submission, how could the client ensure that the latest SC ruling according to law to effect interest from date of deposit be enforced? Would the client lose costs in this scenario?

This message was last edited by ads on 31/05/2016.

Like 0      
31 May 2016 8:38 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Client can appeal on interests

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
01 Jun 2016 9:27 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Thanks Maria, but would costs be compromised in this scenario?

Like 0      
01 Jun 2016 10:12 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Costs: More arguable as you know that judicial costs are regulated by  the principle of defeating: Costs will be imposed on the party which has been rejected all claims, UNLESS the Court appreciates, with enough legal foundation, that the alleged claim is doubtful in either  fact or law basis. Case Law needs to be included necessarily as part of the fundaments. 

Case law has been established by the Supreme Court very recently ( along 2015 and 2016) so, till then, Courts can establish that there were doubts regarding how to interpret Law 57/68

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
01 Jun 2016 10:57 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Hi Maria.

You have my case in the first instance preliminary tomorrow, will my case include the 2015 and 2016 supreme court updates concerning the case laws please?

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
01 Jun 2016 12:06 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

In my opinion, if Bank fights now and lose, legal costs should have to be imposed on them

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 2      
01 Jun 2016 1:08 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Excellent news re costs Maria.

But don't the assessment of legal interests apply according to the date that the case was first submitted into the court system, in which case if this was prior to the recent SC doctrine and they subsequently had their claim fully upheld by the judge, then clients would have to appeal if they wanted to get the most recent clarification of law applied to gain interest backdated to date monies were deposited as opposed to the date that the lawsuit was submitted?

Perhaps I have misunderstood?

Like 0      
01 Jun 2016 1:59 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Could you please reformulate the question?. I do not understand

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
01 Jun 2016 2:14 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

OK sorry Maria.

If a lawsuit was submitted prior to the recent SC rulings/doctrine clarifying that interest should be backdated to the date monies were deposited, then is the only way to gain backdated interest to the date monies were deposited (as opposed to interest from lawsuit submission) , is via a further client appeal which post dates the SC ruling/doctrine?

This message was last edited by ads on 01/06/2016.

Like 0      
01 Jun 2016 2:42 PM by gazzap Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

Hi Maria was just wondering in the cases you have won have the banks actually paid back any money yet

or do they actually pay up thanks Gary 

Like 0      
01 Jun 2016 4:41 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

All Banks are of course paying back after a Court decision won against them!

Cheers

María

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Urbanisation turns out to be built on rustic land... buy or run ? - 8 posts
HELP WITH FINDING SCHOOLS NEAR ESTEPONA. - 0 posts
Experimento linguístico para mi tesis - 0 posts
Ladies Hairdresser in Estepona/Manilva - 0 posts
Golf Developments With Heated Swimming Pools - 12 posts
LON TERM RENTAL - 0 posts
Osteoarthritis in knees and spain - 1 posts
Driving in Spain in a Motorhome - 32 posts
CHANNEL 4 LOOKING FOR NEW EXPAT BUSINESSES FOR TV SERIES - 0 posts
I successfully got my bank deposit back!! - 13 posts
Young family wanting to know best place for expats in Alicante region - 3 posts
The British College vs Benalmadena International College - 0 posts
fed up with paypal rip off - 2 posts
Crown Pensions will be taken in consideration in Spain as from this year. - 16 posts
Check lists to buy - 6 posts
Business Partner Wanted - 0 posts
Making an English will from Spain - 6 posts
?scam email - 3 posts
movoing to gran canaria - 0 posts
Looking to move to spain - 1 posts
Unpaid Communal Fees - 34 posts
e-liquids - 0 posts
Notary & Land Registry Fees - 3 posts
Water Filters in Sierra Golf. Are you using one? - 3 posts
LEY 57/1968 WON CASE in FIRST INSTANCE COURT AGAINST CAJAMAR CAJA RURAL FOR 9 OF OUR CLIENTS WHO PURCHASED OFF-PLAN PROPERTIES FROM THE DEVELOPER PROMOCIONES EUROHOUSE S.L. AT FORTUNA GOLF RESORT, LOS BALCONES DEL VALLE & APARTAMENTOS TURISTICOS PUEBLO LA - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 33

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x