Fibre Optic Suppliers in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Nov 2015 8:45 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Maybe it is time Movistar/Telefonica opened up to competition in the Telecommunication field. See link below from South Africa. What do other users think.

http://www.fin24.com/Tech/News/open-access-key-to-vumatel-broadband-network-20151118

Nigel

Like 0      
18 Nov 2015 9:21 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

If the area where I live is representative of Spain there already is competition for telephone lines, ADSL and  Fibre Optic, those services being offered by several companies. I have Fibre Optic and it is nt from Telefonica.

Like 0      
18 Nov 2015 9:44 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi John

How is this possible. I quote a reply  from my supplier in the Canary Islands.

“Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that at present we have no access to the Fibre Optic network, it appears our friends Movistar have once again managed to delay alternative operators touching the network and hence again break the EU Fair market regulations.

Obviously we and many of the other operators are taking this to the highest level to get the access open.

Until further notice I cannot give out any more information to when we will have access and what the conditions will be.

We believe Movistar will charge more with Fibre and an 2 year contract.

As I say we will battle it out as with the other operator to get access and our client will be notified once we have an update.”

Nigel

Like 0      
18 Nov 2015 9:48 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Vodafone and Orange definitely offer fibre on the CDS - the infrastructure is still owned by Movistar though. I think the market is open to new providors as in our area we have a small independant company also offering the service

Like 0      
18 Nov 2015 12:01 PM by CostaBlade Star rating in Riviera. 115 posts Send private message

Here in Riviera del Sol we also have fibre optic. We have had it for nearly Two years now.

I was involved in the initial negotiations *then our local "area" President (Spanish) who was against the installation from the begining because he thought Vodafones 4G would solve all our problems!! realised what we were getting into and at the point of signing contracts he took all the glory !  To add to that we also secured a grant from the Spanish goverment that was on offer at the time which hugely reduced our instalation costs, we aslo gained "govermental" permision to use Telefonicas ducts which the Spanish goverment decreed to be owned by the "people" although Telefonica refute this.

We have (me personally) 20 meg internet speed (constant) TV, and a telephone line that only costs when we use the telephone at 1 cent per minute anywhere in Europe, all for 46 euro per month - it dosn´t get much better than that and was worth all the hassle & effort (the kind you only experience in Spain) that me and one other guy put in to the project. We were never looking for plaudits - just fibre optic and we got it.

Just to finish, we were the first area independantly to install fibre optic on the Costa del Sol. The Town Hall followed our lead and began installing in other areas - and charging a fee for the licence and an ongoing percentage from profits from the company that installs and supplies fibre optic, we didn´t sign up to any of this agreement and didn´t and still don´t pay the Town Hall anything - although they tried to back - date the rules !

A very happy President in Riviera del Sol

Like 1      
18 Nov 2015 1:07 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

PS  I pay 34 euros a month including IVA for up to 100 Mgs.  I get actually get 95 down 12 up.   The cost includes my fixed line phone, free calls in Spain to fixed lines.  I use  a VOIP for free calls to UK and most other countries.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Goose - 4 posts
Looking for a perfect school! - 9 posts
International Black and White Association - 4 posts
Prescriptions posted from overseas or made in Seville - 1 posts
occupation licence - 21 posts
looking for work in the murcia area - 6 posts
Paris - 39 posts
looking to buy exercise equiptment - 0 posts
ELS clients files - how can anyone access their files now the firm has closed?? - 0 posts
A question for lawyers with regard to timeframe and processes involved in transference of monies following successful rulings (Ley 57/68) - 0 posts
AIC international lawyers in cabo cervera 03188 torrevieja-alicante - 1 posts
Great British Idioms - Do the Spanish have them - Do they understand or just think we are mad - 16 posts
is it worth me buying a car or just carrying on renting one - 16 posts
Car insurance - 15 posts
mar de plata mazarron - 11 posts
Fire Stick - in Spain - 5 posts
Problems with form 210 (wealth tax) for tax due 2015 - 25 posts
How to do business with Spanish business owners/ companies? - 8 posts
50 Year Old House Inspections - 2 posts
Non-EU family members do not need visa to enter UK, says European court - 25 posts
REFERENDUM ON UK MEMBERSHIP OF THE EU - 8 posts
Speed camera at Lorca - 0 posts
Supplying info about crimes, tax evasion etc. - 9 posts
Importing LHD car - 14 posts
No gas mains - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x