Maths Question

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Aug 2015 12:29 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

I am looking to ship some bits & bobs out to Spain I have plenty of boxs from work they messure 15x15x23 inch, my question is how many of these boxs can I send to fill 1 cube meter. Thanks

Like 0      
22 Aug 2015 1:56 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Picturing it in my head, I think it would be 12 boxes.  

Of course you cannot take the volume of your boxes and divide that into the one cubic meter, as you could with a loose product, say like sugar.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2015 4:00 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

That would be good if it was 12, I have seen some quotes in the past for £100 or E100 for a cubic meter, and I think I could pay less than that when start shopping around. So I could get a lot  in 12 boxs.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2015 5:10 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Suggest as a rough calclation 1 cubic metre  converted to inches = 39.37in x 39.37in x 39.37in

1 cubic metre = approx 61000 cubic inches

your boxes are 15 x 15 x 23 = 5175 cubic inches

so 61000 / 5175 is approx 11.7 boxes

If your boxes have to go inside a crate , container or bigger box exactly 1 cubic metre you may struggle to get 12 depending on how you pack them in the box / crate

If they are free standing in a 1 cubic metret space in van then 12 would be close enough

I think my maths are rightwink

Like 0      
22 Aug 2015 5:33 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Tadd1966 that's great, I think 10 would be fine but if 12 go for the price happy days.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2015 6:45 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Newworld  Tadd's post started me thinking again.

I was wrong when I said 12.  I believe if you stick to boxes of the dimensions you quoted you wil only get 8.  That is two layers of 4 boxes, which will leave you with a  24 cms x 100 cms x 100 cms  (9 inch) space above the two layers.

Might I suggest you ‘redesign’ the boxes so that 4 of them are 9 x 15 x 23.  That way you will get 8 originals, plus 4 of that smaller size,  in the 1 cubic meter.

Hope I am right this time !!!!

Like 0      
22 Aug 2015 6:55 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

£100 is rather steep for 1 cubic metre.

Shop around!

Like 0      
22 Aug 2015 7:00 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Yes it was just some quotes I saw in the free papers, I paid less when I shipped a lot of stuff out, £100 just a guide.

This message was last edited by newworld on 22/08/2015.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2015 7:01 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

I would agree with johnzx IF your boxes are going into a 1 cubic metre crate / container / box etc. rather than a free standing space in a big van becasue of the shapes of your boxes

Most vans offer you space rather than a container so 11 should be good and they may be generous and give 12smiley

Good luck

Like 0      
22 Aug 2015 7:07 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

It's like a krypton factor question, show me age there 21

Like 2      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bipolar - 1 posts
Furniture set for sale - 0 posts
Hi everyone I am new and thinking of moving to Spain - 21 posts
Garden Planters - 0 posts
Fishing advice! Help! - 0 posts
tax - 4 posts
Ski jobs - 0 posts
Help me to check the company in MURCIA - 5 posts
Smoking In Spain - 8 posts
Unaminity votes - 13 posts
Dog barking - 13 posts
Long term/annual car parking at Alicante & Murcia airports - 3 posts
Hi hoping to move to spain - 4 posts
Hispano-Suiza - 3 posts
Cars for sale - 3 posts
Closing an account with Caixa Catalunya from the UK - 0 posts
Exporting car from Spain to UK on behalf of my Grandad - 3 posts
exchanging driving licences - 11 posts
Would you shop anyone? - 56 posts
sublet property - 1 posts
Complaints book/Hoja de reclamaciones - 8 posts
heating your home in the winter - 21 posts
van from Barcelona to North Wales - 0 posts
NEW! Banks condemned to repay on illegal mortgages - 20 posts
British Bobbies In Magaluf - 34 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x