Hispano-Suiza

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Aug 2015 11:56 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

I spotted one of these in farmyard just a few kilometers inland of Calpe circa 1983, it had hens livng in it. With no internet and no real means of checking I had to wait until my return to the UK to match the car's badge with a maker's name, when we returned the following year it had gone. I reckon that these cars are amongst the rarest makes in the world, the one that I saw was an inter wars model, but I have no idea which, have any of you guys ever seen one?

This message was last edited by Hephaestus on 18/08/2015.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
18 Aug 2015 3:47 PM by amogles Star rating in El Campello (holiday.... 174 posts Send private message

The only ones I have ever seen are in the car museum of Mulhouse (France). They have several cars by this manufacturer on display.

Like 0      
18 Aug 2015 4:10 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

I understand that the business was transferred to France where it's activities were aerospace based, it looked as though they had no trust in a Franco government, but didn't account for the German occupation of France. 

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
19 Aug 2015 12:16 PM by amogles Star rating in El Campello (holiday.... 174 posts Send private message

If I'm interpreting the Wikipedia article correctly, the company did not move to France but had a French subsidiary. As you say, the French branch made aircraft engines during that period whereas the Spanish factory was requisitioned to make trucks for the Republicans during the Civil War period. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispano-Suiza

Interestingly, together with various other Spanish industrial companies, HS co-founded the company  SEAT in 1940 and transferred its automobile activities to it. As such I guess any rights to Hispano Suiza automobiles are now vested in the Volkswagen group. The aeronautical activities continued separately beyond this date.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cars for sale - 3 posts
Closing an account with Caixa Catalunya from the UK - 0 posts
Exporting car from Spain to UK on behalf of my Grandad - 3 posts
exchanging driving licences - 11 posts
Would you shop anyone? - 56 posts
sublet property - 1 posts
Complaints book/Hoja de reclamaciones - 8 posts
heating your home in the winter - 21 posts
van from Barcelona to North Wales - 0 posts
NEW! Banks condemned to repay on illegal mortgages - 20 posts
British Bobbies In Magaluf - 34 posts
Teenagers in Playa Flamenca - 0 posts
HOW TO TRANSFER PHOTOS FROM LAPTOP TO C.D.DISK - 1 posts
Shopping on Sunday!! - 8 posts
Wealth Tax - 7 posts
CAJAMAR BANK CLOSING PENSIONERS BANK ACCOUNT - 7 posts
Aeromax wireless internet - 3 posts
WANTED long term rental murcia or benidorm - 0 posts
Non EU Residencia renewal - 3 posts
Key Holder in Villamartin - 3 posts
Television - poor signal - 1 posts
Legal tip 1315. NEW! MANILVA COSTA S.A. - BANK ACTION WON IN FIRST INSTANCE COURT AGAINST CAIXABANK S.A. FOR A BUYER AT JARDINES DE MANILVA - 16 posts
This could happen to your Building if it was built in the 1960's - 6 posts
cheap "pay as go" sim card - 6 posts
long term rent with 2 dogs!! - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x