Lawyers fees for selling ...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 May 2015 11:28 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

OK, we're going way off topic here and maybe should move it to a new thread, but until the moderators stop us....

It seems to me that you have a healthy dose of cynicism that is unfortunately being overruled by some weird sense of sado-masochism. Frankly, I'm amazed your experiences trying to buy for TWO years hasn't put you off yet. I'm curious to know what makes you so determined to buy a property in a market which you seem to realise is seriously messed up? 

Having said that, I wonder where "around these parts" is? Surely you don't believe that property all over Spain suffers from the kind of problems you are encountering and that "they are all like that"? To have found six properties that interested you that turned out to have been "not fit" to purchase makes me wonder if perhaps you are looking in the wrong place?!

There are plenty of decent, legal properties available in good locations with no hidden nasty surprises, but while the popular conception is that you shouldn't have to pay more than x amount per square metre or whatever, they will remain there waiting for buyers while all the "bullshit" properties that should have never been built continue to capture the headlines.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 1      
07 May 2015 12:59 AM by starfox Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Frankly I don't need to be patronized by somebody who by their own admission has either never had a problem when buying or selling or is totally oblivious to the issues out there. I'm only offering my own experience and it is borderline offensive to be talked down upon simply because it disagrees with your view. People would do very well to pay attention to all the posts made, good, bad, realistic or "cynical".

Yeah I may be angry, with good cause but it will pass. I am fed up with it, sure why should I be the one who is made to feel like a fool or feel guilty for the wrong doings of others. Regardless it's off topic, but it is a real world view on the ground whether people think it is or not and I know it's not just us.

Why after two years, well you have to give due diligence a shot. No? It's certainly better than showing up for a weekend and buying the first thing you see. We live here anyhoo so have had the time to research  the areas etc... But hey, we are here for the long haul and like so many people keep saying there are "plenty of legal properties" out there and frankly at the place the market is right now you can't really lose out on it, better than throwing rent money away or buying circa 2006 at double the price. Problem is there aren't plenty of legal properties out there, would be nice if simply by the law of averages one would of fallen in our lap.

I'm happy to admit we may of been unlucky or even looking in the wrong place but we are here for work so are locked to a certain area. Maybe we are to picky too, it's possible but appartment life isn't for me nor those carbon copy urbs, that's 50% of the market ruled out.

Anyway, that is more of an answer than was justified and  as far as the OP the UK.gov site has a list of lawyers, check it out.

This message was last edited by starfox on 07/05/2015.

Like 0      
07 May 2015 9:10 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Starfox  People would do very well to pay attention to all the posts made, good, bad, realistic or "cynical".

Sorry but what is the point of taking any notice of posts by those who do not know ?

Some of us, like Roberto, have been around the block a few times, so when we post we do so to be helpful, with info based only on knowledge and experience.  

If some readers do not want to hear the facts great, ignore us.

Like 1      
07 May 2015 10:16 AM by starfox Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Clearly, just sign on the dotted line and she'll be fine. Glad I got that advice from someone who knows.

Unlike you and your mate I am not calling you a liar but seemingly you are as you feel my knowledge and experience should be discarded. It's also knowledge and experience that is matched on all the Spanish forums including this one from plenty of sources as well as collegues at work and the Spanish people. How dare you then claim that you know it all and are the only one with the facts when you have demonstrated that you don't. By all means, give your experience on what you know but when you haven't a clue stop and don't give people bad advice.

Here is another top tip OP, it wouldn't be advisable to use john as an intemediatry for anything. He by his own admission has no experience when things don't go as planned and sometimes that happens whether he thinks it does or not. If that happens and which is the point I have been trying to make the whole time it could potentially cost you a lot of money, certainly more than a few hundred you had saved by hiring a random from an internet forum.

Hire a lawyer, make sure they are qualified and registered. Have a look at the british embassy websites list and email all of them and see what responses you get.

Like 1      
07 May 2015 10:30 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2328 posts Send private message

Well, if it did go all go wrong at least you could sue the B****S of the "Intermediary" which wouldn't be a problem to who ever it is because they could defend themselves.

Like 1      
07 May 2015 11:25 AM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

Ok, Please calm down and refrain from insulting other members and going off thread. This is a potentially interesting thread and it would be a shame to lock it. Please show respect and be sensible with your posts to avoid inciting other members. Thank you

Like 2      
07 May 2015 4:57 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I do not intend to be offensive or insulting to anyone. I apologise if it seemed that way, although I did take the trouble to explain that my comment was made without any knowledge of the case. However, I can only base my responses to other posts on what information is provided, and without knowing why someone is insistent on buying in an area that by their own admission is problematic, let alone even where said area is (pray, do tell), it's hard to offer any more practical advice. I don't see how suggesting that buying in such an area is a bad idea can be seen as bad advice - but then I'm not in possession of the "facts", am I?

I could argue that saying "people would do very well to pay attention to all the posts made" sounds more patronizing than anything I said. I never called anyone a liar nor suggested that my experience is better than someone elses, nor that I am in possession of the facts and nobody else is. I am not "oblivious to the issues out there" either, nor am I unsympathetic to anyone caught up in any such problems, but wildly generalistic comments such "Problem is there aren't plenty of legal properties out there" and "they are all like that" are simply untrue and unhelpful - as indeed is posting about problems with buying which actually have no relevance on a thread about selling. They are not the same thing, but I would absolutely agree that if you are trying to buy an illegal property then hiring a good lawyer might be more of a necessity than when selling.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 1      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

moving in - 3 posts
Spanish lifestyle magazines? - 0 posts
School in Duquesa...? - 0 posts
School in Duquesa...? - 0 posts
Hi everyone... - 0 posts
Hi all - 0 posts
Dame noches in pots part shade - 4 posts
Ello - 0 posts
Bankruptcy - 2 posts
Art supply shops in Almeria province - 1 posts
Butano/Propano gas installation inspections - 4 posts
Modelo 720 - 8 posts
tolls from murcia airport - 5 posts
Looking for furniture - Costa Del Sol - 1 posts
Is this a good deal - 20 years fixed @ 2.6% - 5 posts
Scottish couple and dog travelling from santander to sax looking for b and b - 0 posts
Whats on in COSTA CALIDA CHRONICAL. CAMPOSOL ?? - 0 posts
Bank account closures - 4 posts
Buying property cash - 14 posts
Rattan Furniture - 6 posts
Power of attorny liability? - 5 posts
Cancelling ono contract - 5 posts
Miss Lizzy - 4 posts
Getting rid of Europa TV at last! - 6 posts
What do I need to open a bank account in Spain? - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x