Cancelling ono contract

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Apr 2015 8:53 AM by Birdofparadise Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

We have landline mobile and 50mb of internet.  The latter was appalling often cutting out reduced speed etc but the contract is about 14 months old so im expecting that there will be no fees to cancel the contract.

someone has pointed out that you need to be very clear about cancelling ALL of the service ono provide.  

We are moving back to france so want to be sure all is cancelled and paid before we leave.

i understand that we need call ono and then follow with a fax giving nie,contract full details ckient reference etc and send a recorded delivery letter.

If you have recently cancelled an ono contract can you confirm the above process is correct and any other advise or pit falls.  can you post or PM me with recent  ono contact details such as fax numbers and where exactly to send the recorded delivery letter etc.

any advise would be really appreciate to avoid some of the horror stories

Like 0      
30 Apr 2015 10:05 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

An article in one of our daily's had some advice about this, albeit another provider in another country, but bets are they work much the same, seems a reader had many problems cancelling a contract with a phone company who said they never received the cancelation notice, or any phone calls regarding, and the customer still owed many months rental, anyway, advice was to phone them up and get a cancelled contract number, send a recorded, tracked, signed for letter (Can this be done in Spain?) advising of the cancelation and putting in this letter that you have copies, and a witness, to the letter being sent, tell the bank to cancel all monies, sit back and wait.

Sounds all very drastic simply just to end a phone contract but I suppose better then all the problems that might be caused if done another way. 

Like 0      
30 Apr 2015 11:10 AM by Birdofparadise Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi thank you baz1946 for your reply.

A freind of mine recently left spain too and i can tell you she had a real run around.  She just wanted to pay the finsl bill of 8 euros   But no one would take it. Not a branch nor on telephone so im cancelling nice and early.  It will leave me with snail pace and pigeon mail but having lived here for a few years so ive seen it before.  Itsi the manana system.

my other reason for asking was that vodaphone now own ono so who do i go too.  I have checked the forum and i could only find postings of a year or more ago.

thank you once again

regards

Like 0      
30 Apr 2015 2:57 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

HOW TO CONTACT

Customer service and technical support
902 929 000 / 902 500 060

Are these phone numbers of any use, the 1590 is customer service, seems to short, maybe an extension number if you did get through.

Perhaps worth a try.

Like 0      
03 May 2015 8:25 AM by Birdofparadise Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thank you for your post baz1946 with numbers.  

Tomorrow (monday) is our big day and will be cancelling our contract with ono.

a spanish lady called on our behalf to ensure there was no mistranslation and said we were leaving spain altogether and need to pay there finalbills before we leave.  I think that was the key word - leaving the contry!

I shall post all the numbers and contacts we find of use to anyone else as soon as i get them.

Like 0      
03 May 2015 12:03 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Your welcome. hopefully something I posted helped you in some small way.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Miss Lizzy - 4 posts
Getting rid of Europa TV at last! - 6 posts
What do I need to open a bank account in Spain? - 5 posts
looking for bed and breakfast around madrid area - 1 posts
electric bike - 3 posts
I welcome My Self :) - 0 posts
F1 trip to barcelona on coach from vivilia travel - 0 posts
Can we trust testimonials on rental sites? - 5 posts
Spanish Bank Account Updates - 1 posts
Another question - sorry! - 6 posts
Opening a Spanish bank account, etc - 2 posts
Is FOL obligatory for sales to buyers in Valencia Region? - 2 posts
English speaking accountant in Andalucia - 4 posts
MJV Airport - 2 posts
window grilles - 1 posts
Declaration of Economic Activity - 25 posts
swimming pool parties - 5 posts
Towing a caravan from UK to Spain - 4 posts
scottish couple traveling from santander to sax - 0 posts
All inclusive car hire - 3 posts
Good gestoria in Fuengirola or nearby - 1 posts
Not receiving e-mail notifications - 14 posts
Wanted long term rental country house - 0 posts
Financial Adviser moving to Spain - 9 posts
Registering a UK motorbike in Spain - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x