Bank account closures

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 May 2015 12:42 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

Have the Spanish banks closed accounts down this morning for customers who have not renewed to the new ID requirements ?

And how will that affect Direct Debits ?

Any information appreciated 

Many Thanks 

Like 0      
01 May 2015 12:46 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi

According to EWN newspaper yesterday,you now have until May11,2015 to show your original passport etc to your Bank in terms of the new legislation. Direct Debits are unaffected by this new law,they will still go through as normal.

Nigel

Like 0      
01 May 2015 1:02 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

Phew thanks Nigel yes

We ended up with two bank accounts over the years since we purchased our holiday home somehow ,one is sorted but the Bankia account is a nightmare I sent all my details two months ago three times at least by mail I really fell out with the Bank manager and his staff so unhelpful no service standards it's still not sorted 

I suppose I will have to go and do this face to face waste an entire day 

Just glad we have a foot in Spain and don't live permanently frowna control freak like me would probably not manage full time everything just seems opposite to logic

Anyway here now it's 25 degrees in Marbella smiley and I am going to walk to the beach 

Thanks Again 

Like 2      
01 May 2015 7:24 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

If new government legislation order's a bank account to be frozen or closed it would be impossible for you're bank to transfer money in any form from that account without the authority of the legislater that imposed the order.

Like 0      
01 May 2015 9:31 PM by joe1949 Star rating in Manchester. 61 posts Send private message

I've just returned from London after a second attempt at closing my Sabadell Account. They are the most difficult,awkward,inflexible organisation its been my misfortune to deal with.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Buying property cash - 14 posts
Rattan Furniture - 6 posts
Power of attorny liability? - 5 posts
Cancelling ono contract - 5 posts
Miss Lizzy - 4 posts
Getting rid of Europa TV at last! - 6 posts
What do I need to open a bank account in Spain? - 5 posts
looking for bed and breakfast around madrid area - 1 posts
electric bike - 3 posts
I welcome My Self :) - 0 posts
F1 trip to barcelona on coach from vivilia travel - 0 posts
Can we trust testimonials on rental sites? - 5 posts
Spanish Bank Account Updates - 1 posts
Another question - sorry! - 6 posts
Opening a Spanish bank account, etc - 2 posts
Is FOL obligatory for sales to buyers in Valencia Region? - 2 posts
English speaking accountant in Andalucia - 4 posts
MJV Airport - 2 posts
window grilles - 1 posts
Declaration of Economic Activity - 25 posts
swimming pool parties - 5 posts
Towing a caravan from UK to Spain - 4 posts
scottish couple traveling from santander to sax - 0 posts
All inclusive car hire - 3 posts
Good gestoria in Fuengirola or nearby - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x