swimming pool parties

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Apr 2015 10:06 AM by anthomo16 Star rating. 104 posts Send private message

I am hoping that Maria can help me once again. We share our pool with another phase and pay jointly for all costs, but the question of pool parties keeps arising some on the Committee want to ban them for the noise and nuisance they cause i.e. taking up all the sun beds and not clearing up after themselves. Others want to restrict the parties just banning them from June to beginning of September.

My question is what about Insurance? should the owner holding the party have Insurance to cover the number of guests in case of any damage or pool problems? should they be putting down a deposit returnable after the party if all is OK?

We have had instances of those holding the party not clearing up afterwrds, of taking up all the sunbeds so that other owners have nowhere to sit, and the churringitto is totally unusable as they have used all tables for their guests to eat. Also children have been seen in the pool totally unobserved by parents.

I would be very grateful for any help on this problem especially as summer is coming and more people will be arriving.

Many thanks,

Mo VP Los Pinos

Like 0      
26 Apr 2015 11:39 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Pool parties should be banned unless organised and supervised by the community (committee) for the benefit of the owners - even these are a nuisance for those owners who may simply wish to use the pool to relax

Sadly what you point out about noise, the mess left is typical of the selfish society we have today

As for insurance I would check with a solicitor (and local town hall) esepcially if you allow food, drink, music etc.

Like 1      
27 Apr 2015 1:59 PM by amogles Star rating in El Campello (holiday.... 174 posts Send private message

If I understand correctly, this is a communal pool. Have you checked the statutes of your community? I would guess there must be some sections governing access to and use of communal facilities, maybe also limiting hours of access etc. If somebody in the community invites guests from outside the community to use communal facilities, they surely also answer for any littering or damage caused.

Like 0      
28 Apr 2015 10:50 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Parties are not part of regular living together of the Community so I would advise you to:

- Regulate allowances, developments, cleanings, lifeguarding etc... in the internal rules of the Community

- Establish financial and insurance burdens on the holders

You need to convoke a Community of Owners meeting for this and reach the necessary quorum.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
28 Apr 2015 11:02 AM by anthomo16 Star rating. 104 posts Send private message

Maria thank you so much this is very helpful

Regards,

Mo

Like 0      
28 Apr 2015 11:18 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

It is a joy!

M

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Towing a caravan from UK to Spain - 4 posts
scottish couple traveling from santander to sax - 0 posts
All inclusive car hire - 3 posts
Good gestoria in Fuengirola or nearby - 1 posts
Not receiving e-mail notifications - 14 posts
Wanted long term rental country house - 0 posts
Financial Adviser moving to Spain - 9 posts
Registering a UK motorbike in Spain - 1 posts
Planning our move to Spain - 1 posts
Where can I find the co-efficient to calculate the Plusvalia tax, - 3 posts
Solar power for community lighting - 3 posts
COSTAZUL BUSES FROM ALICANTE TO CARTAGENA - 1 posts
How difficult is it to get a job? - 19 posts
Airport transfer - 7 posts
pool on complex - 0 posts
Holiday walks. - 0 posts
IVA rates - 1 posts
halogen oven - 2 posts
Where has everybody gone ? - 6 posts
Resident to Non-resident bank account - 9 posts
Hacienda chasing new home owners - 1 posts
Bankruptcy - and administrators - 3 posts
holiday home/destination between Malaga and Almeria & lawyer advice - 0 posts
New Bank Regulations digital ID - 32 posts
New EU rules threaten Spanish property market. - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x