Changing Community Statutes

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Mar 2015 12:44 PM by Douch Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

There's disagreement at our Community because proposals that affect Community Statutes were voted upon at our AGM even though they were not identified specifically on the agenda.  So, those not attending the meeting would have been unaware, and those holding proxy votes for others had no instructions about how to cast these votes.

I understand that unlike changes to Community Rules, which just need to be approved by a simple majority of owners entiltled to vote, changes to Community Statutes can only be made if approval is unanimous.  Assuming that this is correct, clearly a single vote against would cause a proposal to fail, but what if someone abstained?   Does this abstention have any effect?  The vote would not have been unanimous, but no-one would actually have voted against.

The proposals were actually carried on the day because, although someone holding a proxy vote thought they'd used it to abstain, they didn't make this clear enough to be recognised, so the vote was recorded as being unanimous. 

Only if an abstention would cause the proposals to fail would it be worth challenging the record, so I hope someone knows the answer?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Insuring a Spanish car not in my name please help - 23 posts
how to avoid spanish inheritance tax - 12 posts
thats is so - 0 posts
Car boot sale near Almoradi - 0 posts
CLOSING A SPANISH BANK ACCOUNT - 11 posts
It's that 720 time again! - 9 posts
finca and inland Alicante life - 0 posts
Helo Android TV good by Satellite TV - 20 posts
Where can I watch Six Nations Rugby on Saturday 21st mijas , fuengirola, el faro area pls - 14 posts
Mazarron Area - 2 posts
Driving over to Spain and leaving the car on private land - 4 posts
3 Million Year Old Jawbone Found In Ethiopia - 0 posts
Road tax - 2 posts
Bitdefender Total Security 2015 - 0 posts
Things That I Like And Dislike About Spain - 53 posts
Power shift with Iberdrola - 7 posts
calculation of capital gains tax - 2 posts
Sold up and still waiting for 3% Retention Tax - 5 posts
40,000 signatures collected for Palomares nuclear fall-out clean-up - 77 posts
Would you buy a property .......? - 4 posts
air lock in water heater! - 23 posts
Bank Transfers within Spain - How long does it take - 8 posts
Sewage Smell - 0 posts
community fees - 6 posts
Looking for an appartment to buy - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x