Android tv

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Jan 2015 10:09 AM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Hi

Has anyone got or used an android tv. I am thinking of getting a box from the UK and was wondering if I would need a proxy server to get UK tv on it. Also some boxes are advertised that they come loaded with the programmes but I do not fully understand it. Does that mean that if I get a non-loaded box then I can only get tv programmes from the country I am in?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Like 0      
21 Jan 2015 11:11 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Has anyone got or used an android tv. I am thinking of getting a box from the UK and was wondering if I would need a proxy server to get UK tv on it. Also some boxes are advertised that they come loaded with the programmes but I do not fully understand it. Does that mean that if I get a non-loaded box then I can only get tv programmes from the country I am in?

I bought one of these boxes' a month or so before Christmas, XMBC, cost me £69,00 ish of Ebay. Small black with decent remote. Mains run.

You can buy what is in effect an "Empty" box which is a lot cheaper, that means nothing is loaded on it, no films, programmes etc, because they use the internet you then with the empty box download the system that runs the films , etc.

I bought the fully loaded box, that way with a good seller you get some sort of back up if you need any advice, also I don't have the know how or time to mess about, in my case trying to load stuff onto it, think it cost about £40.00 more, my opinion worth every penny.

The loaded box I have has thousands of films going back to, say 1948 black and white, and up to 2014, last night I saw advertised a film currently in the cinema now.

Its best to get a decent speed internet, the one I have runs best on 6 to 8 whats-its download, I get 17 of them via BT, and mine is not fibre optic.

Almost everything is in HD and they are excellent. My Grandkids watched that film Frozen on New Year's Day, colour great, film good.

With my fully loaded box is, well think of a show from somewhere in the world and it's on it, I took a glance at a "Live Cam" thing from Miami Beach and the Rockies, also it has music, 3D films, all UK TV, Box sets, Disney for kids, to be honest I haven't looked at everything on it, to much on it.

Best bit of it is no adverts.

Hope this helps you.

Like 0      
21 Jan 2015 1:19 PM by ojosazul88 Star rating. 171 posts Send private message

Hi, Yes my experience with the Android TV box is very good. Dont purchase any of the ones advertised in Spain as they tend to be more expensive and some of these local TV companies charge monthly fees!

Amazon sell the "Media Revolution" Android box which is excellent for around 55 pounds, loads of content all pre loaded(Filmon,Mobdro,XBMC etc) so fairly easy to use. For example, all UK TV channels available and many more, hundreds of latest movies, sports etc etc. Obviously internet speed is key but with a steady 2.5-4mb i find little buffering. Picture quality is generally good.

Like 0      
21 Jan 2015 3:02 PM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Thanks very much for the tips and ideas. I will check out amazon UK and hopefully get a good box.

Like 0      
21 Jan 2015 8:59 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 300 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

check out droidsticks on the internet for more information on what an Android TV box actually does, they load the box up and with their 'wizard' continually update the content.

Hope this helps

Like 0      
22 Jan 2015 8:51 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Most of the live TV chanenls are not vailable in HD.

And for BBC ITV C4s most of them use filmon as their source.

Live sports events can be frustrating in trying to find a decent working stream...and picture quality can very frompoor to bad. Football can like be "spot the player" rather than spot the ball!

And get used to the "working" logo swirling around

But for non live things, it is simple a database and search engine...which goes off to locate your desired movie from a storage server....

Monthly payments are not usually used for XBMC... but there are some, which offer better quality, and more reliable streams, as opposed to the free ones... you pays for whay you get!

YOu get boxes that are not loaded or laoded.

Non loaded boxes you wil have to install XBMC and the relevent repos (links to streams). Pre loaded boxes will have all this done.

YOu can even try to load XBMC onto your PC / laptop and give it a try to see if it is what you want...

You should not need a VPN as all the service are not direct fromthe broadcasters, so not official, from third parties, so they already bypass geolocation blocking.

This message was last edited by satandpcguy on 22/01/2015.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How to find a list of Spanish schools in Malaga? - 0 posts
Credit cards and car hire - 8 posts
offer less rent than advertised? what's protocol? - 7 posts
On and off internet connection - 5 posts
Replacement house alarm battery - 4 posts
Ballot for president - 4 posts
3 network feel at home coming to Spain in April. - 1 posts
Leaving Spain, tax deregistration form 030. - 1 posts
Visiting Alicante area to view property - 27 posts
Need help on setting up a hand car valeting business in spain - 24 posts
Best house and contents insurance for holiday home - 29 posts
Dishwasher - 4 posts
Second Hand Furniture Required - 1 posts
Law firm wins a case - 7 posts
Anyone for Tennis - 0 posts
good restaurant - 0 posts
Photo Url problem - 2 posts
Easter parades - 0 posts
DESPERATE APPEAL FOR A FOSTER PLACE OR FOREVER HOME .... - 0 posts
Tv programmes re buying in Spain - 23 posts
Advice on water bill - 6 posts
Question on succession law in Spain - 15 posts
Fran - 3 posts
NEW! Null mortgages by the Supreme Court - 0 posts
virtual cadastral map Spain - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x