What do you guys do in Spain?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Nov 2014 1:13 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

you should firstly be able to spell my user name correctly, it always helps when you attempt to play silly buggars

You appear to take my observation of some brits in Spain very personally, well if the cap fits etc; etc. 

and you sir or madam are the wind up merchant, 

All forums have the odd baloon head,

don't fall off though you could end up with brain damage, but then again.

The humour was in my posts and misinterpreted by two self appointed aficionados who prefer posting insults and abuse to joining in the banter . 

Remind me again, who it is that prefers posting insults?.

Like 2      
25 Nov 2014 1:23 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

Where are the insults, and who are they directed at, why not report my posts if you feel so strongly about them and let a third party decide?  

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 1      
25 Nov 2014 1:31 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Where are the insults, and who are they directed at, why not report my posts if you feel so strongly about them and let a third party decide? 

Very good, just how I thought you would be like, say something and then when shown it, twist it around that you didn't say it, sterio typed for sure.

And no I would never report any post that I feel strongly about, every person has the right to say what they want about others..Up to a point. In the same way I never give a "Thumbs" down to any posts. 

Like 0      
25 Nov 2014 1:35 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

Sorry, I didn't understand a word of that, shall we strike a deal and stay away from each other?

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 1      
25 Nov 2014 1:42 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

And the entire point is that you describe them as light hearted remarks or a bit of humour. They are not light hearted and they certainly contain no humour. Every now and again someone pops up and starts trying to show their superiority. Whether it's in how rich they are, how they visit but don't have to and starts trying to get a bite from those who have moved. This is why your posts seem so familiar. They usually start with something like "I've been visiting Spain since the 60s" and stuff like that. It becomes a drag, provides no worthwhile input to a forum like this and becomes tediously boring. It's the same thing over and over.

After a while they start having a go at various posters (and get a little gang on their side for some reason) who suss them out for what they actually are. Wind up merchants who we have heard over and over again.

So, no, your posts are not humorous. They are utterly boring and merely repeating the same thing.that you've said under other names. If you haven't posted under another name then I apologise but would point out you have nothing original to say as it's all been done before and yawned about.

Should you require any help on coming to Spain, where things are, how to do things and so on then I'm sure many here who would help you in every way they can. But all you're doing is driving away those who do like this site and try to be a bit helpful. You obviously do not like it and have no intention of being in the least bit helpful.

Enjoy the rest of your life.

Like 3      
25 Nov 2014 1:43 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Inciting **

shall we strike a deal and stay away from each other?....Why?

Like 0      
25 Nov 2014 3:24 PM by casperruby Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

What a sad bunch have the posters on here nothing beter or more constructive to do than trade insults like 7 year old school kids,  I left this site for this reason and came back today to see if it had got better but sadly it hasn't. Whats really so sad about Iit is that its tge same names that crop up on every thread that take over and be so rude.

Like 4      
10 Dec 2014 1:11 PM by amogles Star rating in El Campello (holiday.... 174 posts Send private message

I've met quite a few Brits who make a living teaching English, either in schools or privately. A lot of Spaniards are interested in learning or improving their English, or that of their children. Of course it takes qualifications to get those jobs.

Other Brits I've bumped into were builders, surveyors, tax consultants, boat repair men etc, so people primarily serving the expat community. But I've also met Brits in bog normal office jobs in Spanish companies interacting more with Spaniards and with little or no connection to the expat community. There are even a handful out there who have gone into tomato farming, wine making, sheep breeding or whatnot.

So Brits do whatever job they take a fancy to and are qualified for. Sam as anybody else basically.

Like 0      
10 Dec 2014 1:46 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

English teaching is always a great oppotunity.

In Algeciras, for instance where our Law Firm  Costaluz Lawyers is based , there is an incredible big population willing to learn english ( town has around 140k habitants) and possibly just around 10-20 native speaking english teachers.

Someone renting a small corner willing to offer conversation to any english learner will certanly make a life here.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Rainbows over Andalucia - 0 posts
Weather in January and getting internet - 0 posts
over 50k property in partners non redisent name can it avoid new tax laws? - 10 posts
More no news about Corvera and Paramount - 52 posts
Lawyers - 0 posts
where to buy (Costa Maresme/Brava) - 2 posts
thinking of buying hotel room - 16 posts
What is the average pct for foreigners for new property - 4 posts
NIE Numbers not registered with tax office??? - 0 posts
Tryng To Find Marc Koehler - 0 posts
language - 3 posts
Menara Beach Complex - 2 posts
SIP card and free health care wewe - 4 posts
Pyrenees in the winter - 1 posts
Pay as you go internet in Spain - 4 posts
UK Self Assessment Tax Return - 6 posts
Liverpool to Malaga Flights - 5 posts
Form 210 - instruct bank to pay from current account - 0 posts
tile or not - 8 posts
property in almoradi - 6 posts
Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System - wasting water - 1 posts
Seats on monarch - 2 posts
Increased water prices Hidralia - 5 posts
skip hire close to los alcazares - 1 posts
Advice on residency requirements before applying. - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 29

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x