Advice on residency requirements before applying.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Nov 2014 2:33 PM by siegfreid Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I have just moved over with my wife from the UK. I am retired, get my UK pension paid into my bank account.

We have got our NIE paperwork sorted, but now I need help with documents needed for long time residency.

I do have an S1 form filled in by the UK office, but have been told that we cannot register it at the social until we get the residency paperwork sorted.

We live in Lebrija, in the province of Seville.  We like this area very much and would like to make it our long term home, we want to rent in preference to buying a property.

Any help regards advice will be truly welcomed, thank you in advance.

Like 0      
15 Nov 2014 4:56 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

The official UK government requirements are laid down in this article.

I don't know what it's like in Seville province but normally it is either an immigration office (foreigners department) or a National Police station. We applied for ours in Elche which has an appointment system and also used someone from the solicitors office as, even though we had an appointment, someone still had to go and get the appointment slip, pay the fee at a local bank and complete the correct forms. It did cost us 50 euro each and, yes, that is expensive but it meant we just turned up 10 minutes before the appointment time and simply signed. There is another office here where it is quicker and more expat friendly but they can't issue the card straight away and we would have had to go back a couple of weeks later to collect them which was not possible for us at the time.

Like 0      
15 Nov 2014 5:56 PM by siegfreid Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thank you very much for that advice

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Firewood - 0 posts
Damp and Condensation- air bricks and damp proof course - 6 posts
Hi We are UK Family Mark & Kazz & kids - 4 posts
Questions about moving to Gibraltar - 4 posts
Jose Chillon / Fuenlegal - 0 posts
Spanish solicitor - 3 posts
Moving To Fuente Alamo area/region...advice sought - 2 posts
Wishing you the Best Christmas Ever! - 0 posts
Reliable lawyer needed - 22 posts
Flue problems - 3 posts
Stay safe - 22 posts
golf holidays in Spain - 10 posts
Sharing - 0 posts
Thinking of buying in the Murcia region - 7 posts
The cost of Electricity in Spain is really very expensive....... - 27 posts
Liabilities of the developer /promotor - 2 posts
Remembrance Day, Mil Palmeras - 0 posts
Gardening help and tips - 4 posts
blocking ads on filmon - 4 posts
DOES ANYONE KNOWS WHERE THE COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT COMPANY GETS THE OWNERS NAMES - 16 posts
Dodgy financial schemes - 22 posts
How can I delete my account? - 7 posts
Social club in the Alicante area at El Campello - 0 posts
Hire car annual insurance? - 4 posts
About to buy a holiday home near Elvira/cabopino - looking for someone to do a house survey? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x