Another Paramount?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Aug 2014 10:24 AM by Woodbug Star rating. 371 posts Send private message

Here we go again – does Murcia enjoy looking stupid? We have got the Paramount project, maybe, Covera Airport, perhaps and the new ship visitor facility at Cartagena, possibly and now another crazy plan. The  Marina  de Cope development (Lorca area) will consist of 9,000 houses, 22 hotels, a theater, golf course, an inland marina and several high-performance sports centers. The project will be promoted by the Government of Murcia and will be run by private developers, starting with a budget of 4,000 million and forecast to generate 3,800 direct jobs. What are these people on?

Like 6      
30 Aug 2014 9:17 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Perhaps they really are trying to promote weed as the new agricultural product of Murcia.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2014 8:54 AM by weaver01 Star rating in liverpool uk. 39 posts Send private message

They must be on more than weed, they want to get other things finished before they start anything new, i think its time for these countrys who build and promise this that and the other to pay consiquences like if they start a project and dont finish it where ever they get the money from demands it back or your bankrupt, and the dick heads involved in making the false claims JAIL and i mean JAIL no cushey numbers, after all if the everyday person starts a buisiness and it goes pear shaped he or she would probable lose there car house etc and fall on hard times, i dont understand much about politics may be there is a hidden agenda? there usually is, loads of people would blame the manyana attitude of the spanish, as i say i think there is more to it, my fealing is the people making decisions are walking away with a few quide if it goes ahead or not, and then on to the next white elephant. it should be a case of false promises (lies) took to court and sued like a criminal, and i would like to include a few estate agents, no offence to the real honest ones, buying property in spain now is like buying stuff of Alibaba, the description of the goods and the promises is the same, B+++Sh++.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2014 9:31 AM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

A lot of these projects are simply about lining the pockets of the individuals involved, including the politicians.  They seem to think they're untouchable and jail may be wishful thinking.

In fairness many good projects are completed quickly in Spain with the minimum of fuss and bureaucracy - unlike dear old Blightey where for example the debate Heathrow/Gatwick extension or Airport island in the Thames will ramble on for the next 10 years, before a decision is taken, by which time it'll be obsolete.  Pity there's not a happy medium.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2014 9:51 AM by weaver01 Star rating in liverpool uk. 39 posts Send private message

I agree acer, as i said i dont know a lot about politics, but i dont think sense or fairness aplies, its just about back handers and greed, it temps you to be like a pirate, take all and give nothing back, but my sense of right and wrong stop me and maney people from being dishonest, i realy do think jail is to good for these people, maybe one day these people will pay the price no matter what country there from, fingers crossed.

Like 1      
31 Aug 2014 10:22 AM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

I think you both hit the nail on the head.

GREED is the culprit and the main problem.

not only personal but also wanting to have better than the next village, town or state.

David Cameron said recently "profit should not be seen as a dirty word"

quite correct but the greed of SOME politicians, bankers and business people is reprehensible.

in life, many projects are built well, builtvwithoutvdelayvand built on time but incorrect consultation and thought processes can lead to the many white elephants that currently exist in Spain and elsewhere.

We can hope that our morals and honour would ensure we all act for  the good of the people and for mankind but sadly the I'm alright brigade are back in town.

Jail is a difficult proposition though as proof of guilt of greed ain't going to be easy and most times these projects are built with great marketing spiels that actually sound feasible for a while, as we all want to believe, that's is why we also invest in the areas having listened to the marketing.

are we too then guilty of some greed?

Like 0      
31 Aug 2014 10:29 AM by weaver01 Star rating in liverpool uk. 39 posts Send private message

David Camaron, you can tell when he is lying his lips move, the worst about all this is we all fall hook line and sinker to the bull these politicians spout, so maybe your right, there is a bit of gread in all of us, it also maybe if you caint beat them join em, FRIGHTNING THOUGHT!

Like 0      
31 Aug 2014 10:48 AM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

For a change, it looks as if common sense, sensible protest and concern for the ecology may have halted this particular project in its tracks.

The law may have acted responsibly.

http://murciatoday.com/additional-court-ruling-is-final-blow-for-marina-de-cope-project_17106-a.html#.VALqqGK9KSM

Like 0      
01 Sep 2014 9:20 AM by Woodbug Star rating. 371 posts Send private message

Don't you believe for one second that this crazy project will go away - this is Spain. They have spent 10 years so far in courts and classification changes so far. Granted it will never get built just like all the rest of the mad theme parks and tourist 'attractions' mooted over the last few years. All those involved in these ghost airports and leisure projects are all making money and if the ideas are abandoned, so are the cash cows that go with it.

Over the years we have seen dozens of bent politicians at both national and local levels imprisoned for corrupt actions but this goes with the job - they come out after a short time and go back into the system immediately. Corruption in Spain is endemic and is part of the system here. The black economy currently running at €235bn p/a is also part of the system. How can a country run by corrupt leaders expect the general population to be honest unless they lead by example............... or perhaps they are doing just that.

Like 0      
01 Sep 2014 10:27 AM by weaver01 Star rating in liverpool uk. 39 posts Send private message

Yes i agrea they are leading by example, is it any wonder the world is the way it is, crime, murders etc etc, but who knows the answer, i think some of these scifi movies ie mad max, and people living underground and everyman women for them selves is not so much of a matter if it happens its when, i feel afraid for our future children, and by my own admision i am no saint but my parents taught me the difference between right and wrong, and when i have done wrong i have payed a price, but my wrongs wher minor to these scum bags but wrong never the less, i wonder what price they will pay for the human misary they cause, if i had my way i would have there head on a stick, but these do gooders in the world would say thats wrong ,it may well be but sometimes freindly do gooder protests do jack SH?t and these politicians get away with MURDER, we do not live in a democratic world any more that is a fact, so in my opinion these scum bags started it.  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Vozplus and eurocable - 0 posts
Please recommend me A GOOD ESTATE AGENT - 45 posts
Whats it like..... Camposol Community, Murcia. - 28 posts
Has any one had the new digi boxes put in to regain English channels? - 4 posts
Help with multi agency listing - urgent! - 6 posts
Sky in Spain - 1 posts
Denuncia - 3 posts
Water connection - 6 posts
Car insurance - 1 posts
WANTED PELLET/FIRE BURNER - 0 posts
Weather in murcia end of September - 9 posts
Spanish Inheritance Tax - 32 posts
Advice needed ref roquetas de mar - 0 posts
tv with english channels - 13 posts
Anyone want a vehicle taking to UK in September? Free! - 0 posts
banco sabadel. - 26 posts
Helping with cost of living idea - 2 posts
needed second hand 1.9 metre satellite dish - 0 posts
tom8922 - 0 posts
Internal rules of a community - 4 posts
Court Fees - 21 posts
Axiom Victim Help - 0 posts
La Renta tax rate? - 7 posts
Wanted - ladies and mens golf clubs - 0 posts
Buying in Spain - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x