Anyone on here from Daya Vieja?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 May 2014 10:57 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Anyone on here from Daya Vieja?

Just curious - what is the story of the footbridge which ends suddenly in mid-air above the square?

I love a mystery!

Steve

Steve.

Like 0      
09 May 2014 9:17 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Not me Steve. Are you still in your apartment in Almoradi? Been ages since we all met up.

Like 0      
15 May 2014 3:41 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

It was built to support the trees is the common concensus.

Like 0      
16 May 2014 1:34 PM by OMARELL Star rating in Baldock Hertfordshir.... 47 posts Send private message

Not from Daya Vieja ,but saw this weird contraption last night whilst visiting Welcome Palace.My wife called it helter skelter.however what it was meant to be no idea. Probably the local council run out of money and could not finish it.Does any one else have the real story behind it?

Like 0      
23 May 2014 8:15 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

I looked this up and here´s the verdict ...

n the Spanish town of Daya Vieja, a grove of six palm trees has an unusually grand support system. After a palm tree collapsed in town, architect Joaquin Alvado Bañon designed a unique way to keep the trees standing, and provide some entertainment for residents and tourists as well. The result is the Mirador del Palmeral, or "Viewpoint from the Palm Grove," a three story spiraling metal walkway.

The tower, described on Bañon's site as the third in the "Variation Guggenheim" series, looks rather like a roller coaster made for pedestrians. Instead of speed, the Mirador offers awesome, 360 degree views of Daya Vieja, on the southwestern coast of Spain.

While the Mirador certainly uses more materials, and takes up more space, than a traditional support system would, it deserves credit for bringing visitors closer to the trees and creating a pleasant experience, while performing a valuable function as well.

Like 0      
24 May 2014 6:58 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Well - I'll be a monkey's uncle - it's as simple as that!

Many thanks to all for the info.

Steve

(More - sending you a pm)

Steve.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

NIE numbers - 29 posts
Pet Insurance - Advice needed - 5 posts
Housing Market - latest report - 0 posts
MY FAVOURITE SPANIARD - 0 posts
Terrace Tile Grout - 9 posts
mijas town hall - 2 posts
Recommended bank accounts in Spain - 3 posts
What is the process for registering with the Social Security office in Spain? - 1 posts
The truth or lies? - 6 posts
WHY DON'T MORE SPANISH LEARN ENGLISH - 32 posts
EGM agenda - 2 posts
Do you know about VPN? - 0 posts
uk or spanish licence - 34 posts
IT IS QUITE BEYOND MY UNDERSTANDING - 11 posts
Name of beach game - 6 posts
Is this lack of info strange from an agent ? - 1 posts
Mobile phone!!! What's best deals??? - 6 posts
Inheritance Tax - 30 posts
Long term apartment required for rent - 0 posts
Long term apartment required for rent - 0 posts
Will Astra 2G Reinstate UK TV in Spain - 5 posts
Working regulations - 0 posts
Looking for Work Mazarron Region - 2 posts
Tribute festival - 0 posts
CÉDULA DE HABITABILIDAD - 53 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x