Banks debts

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Apr 2014 5:22 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

It would now seem that some extremely dubious but large banks are finding anyway they can to avoid paying outstanding Community Fees on properties they have either repossessed or agreed to take the kesy back by Dacion.

Quite how they are able to get around the process involving lawyers and presumably Notaries is beyond me but it appears they are neither asking for Community Fee debt certificates or issuing then if thet resell the property.

In effect the period of time they have taken possession of the property does not appear to exist as far as ownership is concerned, presumably no owner appears in any Land Registery documents until sold on.

So much for the law changing, requiring banks to settle current and previous 3 years of debts to a Community

Communities beware

Like 0      
28 Apr 2014 6:50 PM by hosilverlining Star rating in Property owner in Gr.... 173 posts Send private message

It's taken us nearly 2 years but we have finally recieved payment of arrears from the bank which owns a number of repossessed properties in our development. They are also now paying on a monthly basis.  It's been hard work and there are more properties due for repossession which we are keeping a watch on.

The court officials have to contact our concierge for access when they bring notifications for repossession so we are at least able to track them from first notice to change of locks, this does help us.  Unfortunately there seems to be a delay between the locks being changed and the bank's ownership being registered at the land registry, but eventually we are able to get a nota simple which shows the date the bank became the owner. Our adminstrators/lawyers assure us that this delay is just part of the reposession process.

We had to go to court to reclaim approx €34.000 in arrears. After voting to authorise our president to reclaim the debt at our AGM, our lawyers took the case to court under what I understand to be a debt monitoring process, we asked for X amount, the bank disagreed with the amount but the judge told the bank to make settlement within 15 days or face a court trial. With these first debts there was some doubt about the date of transfer of a few properties before our current president took over, so we settled on a mutually acceptable figure and the bank did pay up.

I think it is vital that administrators monitor these properties/debts and that the president is making sure that checks are made regularly at the land registry. We also voted in a representative of the bank as vice president and hope that this will help things run more smoothly in future.  However we are under no illusions about the way the banks operate and will keep a close eye on future repossessions.  The bank's ownership does have to be registered at the land registry so it should always be possible to reclaim the debt in court.

Certainly in our case the bank did advertise some of their properties before the debts were paid, although fortunately none were sold. It's incredible that they would sell properties which have debts attached, but of course the prospective buyer should be asking for the debt certificate from the community administrator.  I doubt any Spaniard would buy without doing this.

I hope you can make some progress with this.  The bank will certainly ask that all outstanding debts are paid (including IBI) before agreeing dacion en pago, it's a pity that they aren't as prompt with paying their own way.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

DOWNLOADING PHOTOS FROM LAPTOP TO A C.D.DISC. - 5 posts
Long term rental?? - 0 posts
CLeaning materials for septic tanks - 2 posts
For Sale RHD Spanish plate Peugeot 306 Cabriolete - 0 posts
Sat signal - 4 posts
CPR Condado de Alhama - 0 posts
CPR Condado - 0 posts
community laws / rules - 2 posts
Kids Savings Junior Isas Childtrust funds low cost index trackers.... - 0 posts
What would you do ? - 7 posts
Hi all! - 1 posts
Need help with Uso Fructo Rights. - 5 posts
Closed account - Threatened with legal action. - 9 posts
End to Mediterranean dream? - 76 posts
Real Estate Surge Threatened - 0 posts
Gardening advice - 9 posts
How to declaring rented apartmented in RENTA 2013 - 7 posts
barryjw - 7 posts
Buying Costs? - 5 posts
neil (biggsy14) - 0 posts
How long can i stay in Spain, without the Spanish tax man being after me. - 27 posts
Use of UK Disabled badge in Spain - 6 posts
For Sale Baby Car seat and buggy 30 euro each or 50 for the two - 0 posts
Taxes when selling our house in Spain - 12 posts
Replacement Textilene Sun Lounger Covers - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x