Sat signal

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Apr 2014 8:18 AM by Seashells Star rating in Suffolk / Limaria. 81 posts Send private message

Has any of you clever people out there found a solution yet for the loss of Brit TV especially in my area of Arboleas / Albox. I have a 2012 Samsung Smart TV

Some people say larger dishes ( others say that will not work )

Some people say internet ( others say that will nt work )

As per usual we have already got the con artist at work, selling old 1.9 and 2.4 dishes that would be no good anyway.

Help would be appreciated as my wife is doing my head in about Coronation St & Eastenders

Thanks

Like 0      
27 Apr 2014 9:57 AM by Woodbug Star rating. 371 posts Send private message

Hi Seashells,

Sent you a PM about a company who were most helpful on EOS in January during the changeover to Astra 2E

Like 0      
27 Apr 2014 10:16 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

If you have a Samsung Smart TV ,you will have to buy a Samsung Wireless Adapter for it. Hope your TV has Internet Network Capability built into the set. If so , then you will need Broadband or ADSL access via the usual Telephone Provider, contracted to at least 8 mps Band Width Speed. This should in effect give you +- 4- 6 mps while doing a OOKLA Speedtest on your Computer. You then need to use the Network Setup on your Smart TV to create a wireless link between your Router & the TV. The alternative option would be to buy a Internet TV Setup Box from a recommended supplier which would alrready be pre-programmed with the popular english channels.Just be careful, as there are a lot of rip-off companies trying to get money out of unsuspecting & naive members of the public.

Good Luck with your search.

Nigel

Like 0      
27 Apr 2014 11:41 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

If you have the internet, you can get an android box from Amazon for about £50 and they are also available from places like Media Markt .. These come pre installed with Google Chrome, Google Play etc so you can download the filmon app and watch it on your TV. 

Of course, you can simply plug a PC into the HDMI socket of your TV and watch filmon or whatever on that but I find a lot of buffering and stopping which doesn't affect the android box. (Onceall CS918).

Like 0      
27 Apr 2014 3:40 PM by midasgold Star rating in Mijas.. 93 posts Send private message

Unless you have a MINIMUM of two meg internet  download do NOT purchase any

tv box. You will only get crap reception and will have wasted your money.

The ads you see for Brit TV are often a con, as they do not make this clear.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

CPR Condado de Alhama - 0 posts
CPR Condado - 0 posts
community laws / rules - 2 posts
Kids Savings Junior Isas Childtrust funds low cost index trackers.... - 0 posts
What would you do ? - 7 posts
Hi all! - 1 posts
Need help with Uso Fructo Rights. - 5 posts
Closed account - Threatened with legal action. - 9 posts
End to Mediterranean dream? - 76 posts
Real Estate Surge Threatened - 0 posts
Gardening advice - 9 posts
How to declaring rented apartmented in RENTA 2013 - 7 posts
barryjw - 7 posts
Buying Costs? - 5 posts
neil (biggsy14) - 0 posts
How long can i stay in Spain, without the Spanish tax man being after me. - 27 posts
Use of UK Disabled badge in Spain - 6 posts
For Sale Baby Car seat and buggy 30 euro each or 50 for the two - 0 posts
Taxes when selling our house in Spain - 12 posts
Replacement Textilene Sun Lounger Covers - 3 posts
Cowboy builders abroad-reactions? - 4 posts
furniture for sale - 1 posts
La Unión - 1 posts
Hello Any Advice on Life In Alicante???? - 21 posts
Anything to look out for when buying a new TV to connect to IPTV? - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x