Linkedin..... opinions welcome

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Sep 2013 3:23 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

Businesses tend to set great store by Linkedin as an online networking tool. There are also agencies that can take your content (and money) and tweak your profile to broaden its reach into the business community.  I cannot trace a single order to Linkedin and I do wonder at its usefulness. Have others got more positive results or an opinion to share?

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 1      
18 Sep 2013 3:32 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

They quote 225 + million professional users all over the world....Someone seems to have got something right.

Like 1      
18 Sep 2013 6:31 PM by ojosazul88 Star rating. 171 posts Send private message

I use LinkedIn a lot but to connect with people overseas but it depends what your business is.
Local businesses on the costas or individuals tend to use Facebook as LinkedIn is still seen as
A networking source for high income professionals.Also, to pitch for business on LinkedIn is a big no no, its all about building up a network and putting interesting content on your profile as well as
Regularly putting articles and advice that may attract potential clients

Like 4      
23 Sep 2013 2:44 PM by carl9 Star rating. 136 posts Send private message

I totally agree with Mike, I spend so mccuh time accepting inviations from people and then never hear from them again through Linked-in.

Carl

Like 1      
24 Sep 2013 10:29 AM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

I think Linkedin is the one of the best tools around for networking, years a go it would have been impossible to build a network as varied and valuable as you can with linkedin. However it depends very much on how you build your network. I only accept invitations from people who are relevant to my business and I only contact people who are relevant to my business. It isn't a friendship network. however it has to used properly and you need to build a reputation, however it does open the door to giving you the possibility to access people you would probably never had the opportunity to meet. That said if you are waiting for people to come to you, you could be waiting for some time unless you are vital for the success of their business say a product buyer for a large chain. If not you should create your leads and introduce yourself or ask others to introduce until you reach the contact of interest. You must be proactive with your linkedin profile and as mentioned earlier post articles, initiate debates and build your reputation as an expert. Don't look at Linkedin as sales tool but as a professional cocktail party. If you don't work at it no one will talk to you. I would stay away from marketing agencies they sell packages to boost your profile, they will never know you as well as you know yourself and will never give the correct impression of who you really are and Linkedin is about professional people not companies.

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 1      
24 Sep 2013 2:52 PM by ojosazul88 Star rating. 171 posts Send private message

Spot on Mac 75, the cocktail party analogy is excellent!

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

210 TAX FORM ON LINE - 24 posts
sports bar - 0 posts
Revoking Power of Attorney - 19 posts
Are all the Banka Banks in Southern Spain Closing? - 8 posts
The simple solution to the Bank Guarantee Abuse - 21 posts
About a roof: to pitch or not to pitch - 9 posts
changing car ownership - 0 posts
Wanted Spanish property P/X - 0 posts
Astra 2E launch delayed....again... - 1 posts
Returning Resident Cert - 3 posts
Tribal Price Lists - 10 posts
Recession or Incompetence - 0 posts
online shopping - 0 posts
S1 Early Retiree - loophole maybe - 5 posts
RENEWING PADRON - 6 posts
Quimbombo - 11 posts
EOS SITE UPDATES - 5 posts
Long term apartment rental Rojales - 0 posts
Changing Endesa Direct Debit Details - 6 posts
very confused about future tv - 5 posts
A relaxing cup of café con leche! - Olympic Spanglish - 2 posts
Glass curtain enclosures - Vera area - 2 posts
Buying prescription Glasses online - 7 posts
Angela Merkel: saviour or tormentor? Spain wants her out... - 0 posts
UN happiness survey published - Spain is pretty unhappy - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x