Removing property from public register

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Aug 2013 1:12 PM by CostaBlade Star rating in Riviera. 114 posts Send private message

Hi All.

Two years ago we paid off the mortgage on our Spanish property, but didn't remove it from the public register.

We have now asked our bank (Lloyds) to remove it from the public register for us.

They have quoted us 1,119 euro for doing this.  Totally flabergasted at high cost involved in what i thought would be an easy process, we even thought of doing ourselves but decided not to as it's easy to get in a mess doing something you don't fully understand.

Is that normal ? or is it because we have gone through the bank to do this, (we were advised it would be easier to let the bank do it for us rather than using a Gestoria).

Thanks for the anticipated answers.

Like 0      
07 Aug 2013 2:52 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

I suggest you visit the Property Registry Office where the property is registered, and ask them what it will cost to remove the debt from the paperwork.  Of course the bank will have to have an input, as they are cancelling the registration of the debt so they will probably make a charge too.

"Reply to: Removing property from public register"

PS You are of course not removing the propery from the register but the debt.

Like 0      
07 Aug 2013 8:54 PM by CostaBlade Star rating in Riviera. 114 posts Send private message

PS "You are of course not removing the propery from the register but the debt"

Of course.

Breakdown supplied by the gestoria used by Lloyds.

550             Notary                                                                                                                                                              

300             Resgistry

268,62       Gestoria

1118,62     Total

Broken down like that i suppose it dosn't look too bad

Like 0      
08 Aug 2013 7:25 AM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

So, it looks like you could save the Gestoria fees.

Are you sure there are no charges imposed by the lender?  Though it maybe you have to use Lloyds Gestoria (the bank's hidden charge)

Like 0      
08 Aug 2013 9:06 AM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

550 euros to the Notary looks like daylight robbery to me, never mind the other fees! I've always said that to be a Notary in Spain must be the best job, now I know it!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID - 0 posts
IS THE CORRECT WAY TO SPELL RECESSION c.o.m.p.l.a.c.e.n.c.y - 0 posts
Hi - Moving to Javea, Costa Blanca in October - a few questions! - 2 posts
Cheapest way to dial uk landlines and mobiles from a spanish landline - 5 posts
Transfer of 10k Euros from Spain (La Caixa "Resident" Account) to UK - 7 posts
Table Tennis - 4 posts
Spanish Practice - Atrévete! - 2 posts
Wood prices spain - 4 posts
Sabadellacam - 0 posts
The Costas' Best Towns and Cities - 24 posts
Fit Out Murcia - 0 posts
Gibraltar ownership - is it merely a political distraction? - 12 posts
From USA to Spain.... - 6 posts
FIRST EYE ON SPAIN WEDDING? - 38 posts
Los Alcazares - Are there any traditional 'old town' restaurants within 20/25 mins - 17 posts
Villa or Country House Wanted in Murcia - 0 posts
Renault Trafic T1100 - 0 posts
VISA free travel? - 1 posts
THE INVISIBLE DICTATORSHIP OF KNAVES AND FOOLS - 1 posts
How to change my avatar - 18 posts
Long Term Rentals on EOS - 1 posts
Spanish law regarding communal areas - 1 posts
Balconing - Does this get any coverage back in the UK? - 2 posts
Mortgages on houses with no licenses - 2 posts
New rules for community of owners.Part II - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x