THE INVISIBLE DICTATORSHIP OF KNAVES AND FOOLS

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Aug 2013 11:38 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

In Spain’s so-called public service there is too little accountability and rarely a visible chain of command. Public service in Spain is very much a misnomer. Behind the scenes, faceless nameless persons constantly change rules. There appears to be no way of challenging daft rules and unnecessary questioning. It is an invisible dictatorship. As a consequence one seems to be in Alice in Wonderland.

Russians are encouraged to invest and then denied residencia. Then some pueblo public service idiot decides that applications for NIE numbers, essential to home ownership, can no longer be completed by power-of-attorney. They back-tracked on that. A vehicle ITV considered good in one province is unacceptable to another.

Ukraine is Europe’s biggest country and situated far more centrally to our wonderful continent than is Spain. It is of Christian faith, its culture is wonderful, and it is a highly developed state. My Ukrainian fiancé is rendered speechless by the stupidity, lethargy and inefficiency of Spain’s public services compared to that of her own former Soviet country.

The Spanish government says a non-EU citizen must live (in sin) with her partner before marriage is considered. How do you prove you have been living together for 12 months when a visa lasts just 3 months and residencia is denied? As the Americans say, ‘you can’t fix stupid’.

I just wish there was some way that those who pass these daft regulations were outed and publicly made to explain their reasoning. Nothing else seems to work. Oh for the true democracy of public transparency and accountability. I often wonder how long public servants would last in a competitive commercial environment. Not long.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
03 Aug 2013 2:09 PM by Fartharder Star rating in Loriguilla.. 172 posts Send private message

Fartharder´s avatar

In Spain, the public service has a department which draws up new laws and amends existing laws. When this department has done it's work, the laws are passed to the 'Complications' department where somebody is charged with making the laws as rediculous, complicated and stupid as they can possibly make them. Only when they achieve the minimum level of stupidity required, can the laws then be passed. 

I think we have a very similar department at work which enables us to do things as inefficiently as possible.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How to change my avatar - 18 posts
Long Term Rentals on EOS - 1 posts
Spanish law regarding communal areas - 1 posts
Balconing - Does this get any coverage back in the UK? - 2 posts
Mortgages on houses with no licenses - 2 posts
New rules for community of owners.Part II - 11 posts
AGM votes - majority or unamimous - 12 posts
Under age drinking at Condado - 6 posts
New rules for community of owners.Part I - 1 posts
Crowd-funding: a solution for Spanish Entrepreneurs? - 2 posts
registering an english vehicle in spain - 5 posts
Car rental through Do You Spain /Goldcar - 12 posts
Where to live? A few ideas please. - 22 posts
Taxis - 7 posts
Lawyer's Charges - 8 posts
the wonderful Spanish people - 3 posts
Starting a Business: Spain the World's 3rd Worst - 3 posts
Bicycle rack, GPS, and heater for sale - 3 posts
NIE - 5 posts
NIE - 1 posts
Mortgage with Ground Clause - 4 posts
A tale of woe - 4 posts
CAPITAL GAINS TAX - 5 posts
illegally chained Property in a Communual Area - 6 posts
illegally chained Property in a Communual Area - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x