Has anyone tried 'La Vid de Ojeda' in Los Alcazares

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jul 2013 8:45 PM by KERRYB Star rating in Wales & Murcia. 113 posts Send private message

Hi

We are shortly going to Los Alcazares and searched on trip advisor to try and find some new restaurants rather than the 'strip' , which we like but would like try somewhere different..

The following restaurant came up as number 2 in Los Alcazares

La Vid de Ojeda

Any reviews good or bad would be welcome

Thanks Again

Like 0      
16 Jul 2013 9:08 PM by goose4462 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Not been myself but type it into google takes you to trip advisor 70 plus reviews looks like its very popular

Like 0      
16 Jul 2013 11:28 PM by pommers Star rating in Almoradi, Spain. 606 posts Send private message

pommers´s avatar

Eaten there a coupe of times for both tapas and an evening meal - although that was last summer.

The food is good but not cheap although some of the main courses are best shsred between 2.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2013 7:45 AM by carl9 Star rating. 136 posts Send private message

Hi, make sure you try Ramone's - very typical Spanish restaurant and they do a superb menu del dia - that was the last time i was there only € 10. It's the big green building on the main road - they do the best salad I've ever tasted!

Enjoy, Carl

Like 0      
19 Jul 2013 8:34 AM by KERRYB Star rating in Wales & Murcia. 113 posts Send private message

Cheers Carl

We have been to Los Alcazares a number of times and are yet to eat at either Ramone's or L'Encarnation

We will give both a go this visit.

Like 0      
19 Jul 2013 8:47 AM by carl9 Star rating. 136 posts Send private message

KerryB, L'Encarantion is a beautiful old building with the most enchanting inner courtyard - it's like walking back in time to see all the old ladies sitting around. I've sort of eaten there, but found the food a bit stuffy and fusy really, so tend ot have coffee there these days,

Enjoy, Carl

Like 0      
19 Jul 2013 8:55 AM by KERRYB Star rating in Wales & Murcia. 113 posts Send private message

Thanks Carl

Our first night there will be celebrating our new house purchase and getting the keys (due to complete new week) so want to make it a special occasion.

Any other suggestions?

Like 0      
19 Jul 2013 9:47 AM by scollins Star rating in London. 53 posts Send private message

Hello,

La Vid is pretty good but not the cheapest place to eat by some way. L'Encarnation is good for coffee but but (in my view) not much else - its also very pricey. There is an english/irish run restaurant Campbell's in Roda village. I have only been there once but it was nice and has the added advantage of being close so, if you like a glass or two,  you don't have to run the gauntlet of the local police who are usually very active during the summer months and appear out of nowhere to set up random road blocks around Los Alcazares. There are lots of spanish run restaurants towards the town centre and a very nice fish restaurant near the arch off the exit from the motorway. I forget its name ( Roblemar, I think) but it's very popular and you have to book in advance. It's also  expensive, hence I've never darkened its doors ,

Stephen.

Like 0      
19 Jul 2013 10:16 AM by patman Star rating in Chester and Los Alca.... 84 posts Send private message

patman´s avatar

I like this restaurant and have eaten here about three times. It can be a bit expensive and don't expect a large glass of wine... The owner is very hepful in explaining the various dishes and there is plenty of choice.

Try the link below for reviews on other local restaurants, (Mostly on the strip I have to say).

http://puertomarinaowners.com/Owners/Restaurants.html

Like 0      
19 Jul 2013 5:42 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar
At this time of year a special occasion has to be outside at Encarnacion, menu needs varying but atmosphere with live music and that view is great.
Make sure you look around the restaurant inside as well as visit the courtyard. Authentically Spanish in all respects.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

House Purchase transfer tax % query - 4 posts
Visa Downloads for visiting Gibraltar - 3 posts
Changes to services provider for premiership football. Al Jazeera (JSC) wins rights. - 0 posts
Top Gear Spain BBC 2 Sunday Night - 4 posts
Wanted Scooter - Mijas Costa area - 1 posts
Personal Tax Rates comparison advice UK and Spain - 3 posts
Polaris Predator 500cc Quad bike for sale - 0 posts
Poll - 0 posts
How long does a court account cheque take to process in Spain - 8 posts
Invitation to Guinness World Record Attempt, Sun. 21July 2013, Vera Playa, Almeria - 1 posts
malaga airport parking - 1 posts
Hi, can you help please ? - 4 posts
kitchens - 0 posts
PLUS VALIA TAX advice needed - 10 posts
Retirement Age in Spain - Are they going too far? - 23 posts
Babysitter Available - 0 posts
GARDENS OF MANILVA COUNTRY CLUB - 1 posts
Car from Spain to UK and Return - 8 posts
Civil Guardia-unfair fines - 4 posts
how to delete another wifi network from computer - 5 posts
Energy Proficiency Certificate questions. - 11 posts
What´s On................ - 0 posts
Paro - Please help!! - 1 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL REQUIRED-CAN YOU HELP? - 6 posts
RECOMMENDATION FOR SATELLITE TV INSTALLATION COMPANY CLOSE TO LOS ALCAZARES (MURCIA/COSTA BLANCA SOUTH) - 23 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x