How to get through the Flight to Spain with less pain.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jun 2013 6:45 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

Here are a few hints to help make Low cost airline flights a bit more acceptable

Hand Luggage only will save checking in and collecting baggage.

Take half the clothes and wash them half way though holiday, dont book luggage in

Put everything into your case prior to screening at security ,  jewelry, , books, belts, money sunglasses, mobile, wallet etc

nothing but passport and ticket needed to show. Once through open your case and put everything on its easy.

At the gate dont rush to be first on and bring a bottle of water from shops passed security.

Book an isle seat as it will make it easy if you need the loo , you will also be first out when the planelands.

Take some music so you dont have to listen to the anouncements, bring your own sandwhiches, you are allowed them

Pre book seats at the back as most low cost airlines are arriving to stairs front and rear of plane.

Dont rush if you see the bus at the wing of the plane flight mostly met by 2 coaches and asyou are last on first off

Think about booking single flights out and back with different airlines as you might get a better deal.

If you are going to Murcia Region then San Javier is less frantic than Alicante and has lower parking cost and easy to pick up car hire.

Any other ideas anyone can come up with ?

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 0      
19 Jun 2013 7:57 PM by lorraine56 Star rating in Granada Spain. 51 posts Send private message

If you live in Granada and have visitors flying from southern England use the new London City to Granada route with British Airways   4 times a week ( Mon, Weds, Fri & Sun ) starting 26th July, free hold luggage 22kg and a meal and drink on board all for the princely sum of 85 GBP each way and no long drive from Malaga.  Happy days

Like 0      
28 Jun 2013 10:27 PM by MikeandHelen Star rating. 193 posts Send private message

We do check a bag and have a bag each on the flight.

Things that we will not need on the flight (Laptops, Ipad etc) go in the max size cabin bag for the ovverhead lockers. Don't forget that these items will need to be taken out of the bags for security checks, likewise makeup and fluids.

We have a smaller bag which goes under the seat. This contains everything that will be require don the flight, food, books, specs, pills, etc so we don't have to go to the overhead lockers.

We also have in this bag a plastic bag (usually from one of the arirport shops) as bags seem to explode when opened on aircraft and we can't get everything back in. This is also usefull for coats, etc. The restriction is the number of bags you take on, not take off.

I'm the guy in the combat trousers with passports and paperwork stuffed in the leg pocket.

Mike.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2013 8:50 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

I tried that ruse, out by one flight and return by another. Having checked both for single and return fares it added up to commonsense.

I booked easyJet to Liverpool (okay) and Ryanair return (not okay). I can’t imagine how they did it but Ryanair’s single price had in a few minutes soared like one of their aircraft at takeoff. I then had no choice, I bit the bullet and it cost me more. Be careful.

The other comments are great. Too many travel with too much. I tell my dearly beloved but will she listen? Of course not.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
29 Jun 2013 9:01 AM by Numba1nursey Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi im a newby having difficulty posting on a new thread so just seeing if i can reply on an existing thread!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Estate Agents - 0 posts
Camposol Community Train Timetable for 2013.. who needs Paramount Theme Park ? - 5 posts
Wanted - Roof box and bars - 0 posts
Tenancy Deposits - 3 posts
taking over an existing business - 9 posts
Banks now charging pensioners - 2 posts
CAR REGISTERING - 5 posts
peaceful site to place my mobile home currently based Torrox Costa - 0 posts
PRINTER CARTIDGES REFILLS - 1 posts
Property buyers bypassing banks - 1 posts
AMAZON (uk) NO LONGER OFFERING FREE DELIVERY TO SPAIN! - 2 posts
NEW BUREAUCRACY FOR LIMITED COMPANIES - 3 posts
SUMA EMAIL - 0 posts
yoga retreats - 0 posts
Meds in Spain - 12 posts
PROCEDURE FOR BUYING A PROPERTY FROM SOMEONE - 35 posts
UK TV reception Costa Blanca Spain - 2 posts
Mijas Costa, radar speed control - 0 posts
Space to park my caravan wanted... - 0 posts
dodge property rental in pueblo bravo - 3 posts
Powering Community Pool heating and Garden Lights by SOLAR POWER - 0 posts
EUROPA Network ADSL - bad experience. - 5 posts
Property prices, bad news continues - 8 posts
CERTIFICADO DE RETENCIONES‏ - 1 posts
Parking at lloret de mar?? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x