Property buyers bypassing banks

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jun 2013 8:07 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Over six in 10 homes in Spain were purchased without a mortgage in the first quarter of this year, suggesting that the housing market is far from on its knees and not everyone has been hit by the recession.

According to the General Council of Notaries, a total of 60.8 per cent of buyers dispensed with mortgage-lenders when buying properties between January and March inclusive.

But not all of these were bought outright in cash – many purchasers bypassed the banks by taking out loans directly from the developer in the case of new builds or properties that have never had an owner, or took advantage of the 'rent-to-buy' scheme which many developers are now offering in a bid to get shot of their plethora of empty homes.

This way, they manage to avoid problems with trying to get finance from banks which are reluctant to lend money in the current economic climate, and do not have to worry about these entities repossessing their homes if they lose their jobs and cannot find work in time to save themselves from defaulting on their monthly repayments.  

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
18 Jun 2013 2:39 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

This is good news. I think it can be safely said that we didn’t leave the banks, they left us. The high street banks have abdicated and are not the safest place to leave one’s financial assets. I like the joke about the man who, on receiving a letter from his bank stamped ‘insufficient funds’, wrote back, “you or me?” Many a true word said in jest.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

AMAZON (uk) NO LONGER OFFERING FREE DELIVERY TO SPAIN! - 2 posts
NEW BUREAUCRACY FOR LIMITED COMPANIES - 3 posts
SUMA EMAIL - 0 posts
yoga retreats - 0 posts
Meds in Spain - 12 posts
PROCEDURE FOR BUYING A PROPERTY FROM SOMEONE - 35 posts
UK TV reception Costa Blanca Spain - 2 posts
Mijas Costa, radar speed control - 0 posts
Space to park my caravan wanted... - 0 posts
dodge property rental in pueblo bravo - 3 posts
Powering Community Pool heating and Garden Lights by SOLAR POWER - 0 posts
EUROPA Network ADSL - bad experience. - 5 posts
Property prices, bad news continues - 8 posts
CERTIFICADO DE RETENCIONES‏ - 1 posts
Parking at lloret de mar?? - 1 posts
European car insurance for stolen or undriveable vehicle? - 0 posts
Supermarkets in Sebanillas - 1 posts
Property in spain - 5 posts
Want to learn Spanish Online - 3 posts
Claiming off Staysure Travel Insurance - 0 posts
Fuengirola Electrician - 0 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers - Highly Recommended - 0 posts
Spanish Justice? - 7 posts
Action group against CAM Bank/Huma-Cuevas de Almanzora Club - 1 posts
Intro Time - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x