CAR REGISTERING

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jun 2013 10:06 AM by dicksplat Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi there

I have bought a spanish reg car in the uk and it is getting transporte to spain shortly i have both green forms and a white traffico form signed by the seller and with nie number also passport copy,I am insuring it as soon as it arrives in spain but car itv and tax are 2 mounths expired does anyone know the procedure

cheers

Like 0      
18 Jun 2013 10:32 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Just on the ITV question

Legally, as I understand it, you cannot drive a vehicle,  which requires an ITV ,  on the road in Spain,   unless you have a valid one

. The only legal way to get it to the test centre is to put it on a grua.

Like 0      
18 Jun 2013 12:08 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

John, you may be correct in stating the Legality angle, but I have known it to be acceptable by certain police forces to accept a written appointment letter (downloadable) from the local ITV centre to which one would perforce be driving at the time. It will typically depend on which area of Spain Dick is coming to.

Like 0      
18 Jun 2013 12:21 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Marc. 
                 I got the advice from the Guardia Civil  and confirmed it with the ITV centre when I was making an advance appoint for a test (2 months before it was due)  as I was going to be out of Spain when the ITV ran out. 

I also have a Spanish friend (a senior employee of a Ministry, not Trafico ! ) who’s insurance company, as she was an old customer, provided the grua service free (unlikely if it had not been required by law).

I know (with your background) you are unlikely to getting confused with UK , where of course one can drive any distance to an MOT centre provided one has an appointment.  Even Dover to Manchester for example.

Like 0      
18 Jun 2013 12:56 PM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

Hope you have checked that there are no outstanding debts on the vehicle, like loan repayments or traffic fines, as you would be liable to pay these if  there were any. 

Daveil

Like 0      
18 Jun 2013 1:03 PM by dicksplat Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

hi there

car has been checked no outstanding debts

cheers

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

peaceful site to place my mobile home currently based Torrox Costa - 0 posts
PRINTER CARTIDGES REFILLS - 1 posts
Property buyers bypassing banks - 1 posts
AMAZON (uk) NO LONGER OFFERING FREE DELIVERY TO SPAIN! - 2 posts
NEW BUREAUCRACY FOR LIMITED COMPANIES - 3 posts
SUMA EMAIL - 0 posts
yoga retreats - 0 posts
Meds in Spain - 12 posts
PROCEDURE FOR BUYING A PROPERTY FROM SOMEONE - 35 posts
UK TV reception Costa Blanca Spain - 2 posts
Mijas Costa, radar speed control - 0 posts
Space to park my caravan wanted... - 0 posts
dodge property rental in pueblo bravo - 3 posts
Powering Community Pool heating and Garden Lights by SOLAR POWER - 0 posts
EUROPA Network ADSL - bad experience. - 5 posts
Property prices, bad news continues - 8 posts
CERTIFICADO DE RETENCIONES‏ - 1 posts
Parking at lloret de mar?? - 1 posts
European car insurance for stolen or undriveable vehicle? - 0 posts
Supermarkets in Sebanillas - 1 posts
Property in spain - 5 posts
Want to learn Spanish Online - 3 posts
Claiming off Staysure Travel Insurance - 0 posts
Fuengirola Electrician - 0 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers - Highly Recommended - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x