Property in spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Jun 2013 11:42 AM by bernie2701 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi,

I am new to all this. Could anybody tell me how I can find out who owns property in Spain?

I have seen a few I would like to talk to owners about. How do you go about that?

Thanks in advance for all the help you can give.

Cheers,

Bernie

Like 0      
13 Jun 2013 2:13 PM by competa Star rating in Scotland. 92 posts Send private message

You'll need to go to the relevant land registry and get a nota simple.  You'll need the address of the property (which can be difficult if it's out in the countryside).  The nota simple is a cut down version of the escritura so will give you other info as well such as whether there are any charges against the property - mortgages etc. Cost is minimal - just a few euros.  You'll need to be able to speak Spanish in most areas - or take someone with you who speaks Spanish.

Hope this helps.

Like 0      
14 Jun 2013 1:09 AM by bernie2701 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi,

Thank you for all your help.

Can this be done from the UK? By letter form or email?

Cheers,

Like 0      
14 Jun 2013 8:10 AM by competa Star rating in Scotland. 92 posts Send private message

Hi

The land registry won't answer questions by email or letter.  Which area are you looking in?  I might be able to recommend someone who can do it for you for a small fee if you are in the Malaga region.

Like 0      
14 Jun 2013 10:55 AM by bernie2701 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi,

It is Malaga itself.

Could you please find out how much the fee would be and how I could pay it.

Paypal, moneygram ?

Many , many thanks for your help. It is really appricated.

Cheers,

Bernie

Like 0      
14 Jun 2013 8:15 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

On Land Registry: http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/costaluz/5865/legal-tip-568-spanish-land-registry-in-english.aspx

Legal tip 568. Spanish Land Registry in English 
02 August 2011 @ 12:39 

Just launched: the service of the Land Registry in Spain in English, as a further  proof of continued consolidation of a tendency for international presence of property  buyers in our country. The buying trends are not the crazy ones of the 00 but more informed, valuated calm and genuine ones: in my opinion. much better and good for  a healthy market. 

We did  a couple of posts on the meaning and legal importance of the Land Registry in our country, which will certainly help you to grasp the whole importance of this information being now available in English.

Legal tip 61. What the hell is the Land Registry in Spain

Legal tip 62.More protection by the Land Registry

This will not exclude the necessary intervention of a lawyer for the proffessional interpretation of such information and the descrpription and assistance on advantages and disadvantages  and necessary legal managements related to the informations therein contained.

Good!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Want to learn Spanish Online - 3 posts
Claiming off Staysure Travel Insurance - 0 posts
Fuengirola Electrician - 0 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers - Highly Recommended - 0 posts
Spanish Justice? - 7 posts
Action group against CAM Bank/Huma-Cuevas de Almanzora Club - 1 posts
Intro Time - 1 posts
Secuirty Doors - 0 posts
Safety is on the agenda this Summer for Spanish Authorities - 1 posts
Professional cyclist looking for winter accommodation - 0 posts
Balerics - renting out my apartment for holiday lets - 5 posts
a good watchmaker wanted - 0 posts
The Euro Crisis is Over - What a relief !!! - 6 posts
Car hire in Menorca - 1 posts
Free Cancellation car hire - 3 posts
how to pay community tax in Aguilas - 0 posts
Viloriens - 6 posts
COSTA LUZ Lawyers are THE BEST! - 5 posts
Imputed tax on UK home if resident here? - 1 posts
UK inheritance tax - 16 posts
LEASING / SALE OF FINANCIAL INSTRUMENT - 0 posts
Trying to rent in Spain - 3 posts
Transfer of car ownership with all docs but previous owner's NIE. Possible? - 13 posts
Flood Lights - 0 posts
inheritance,should be a good thing right? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x