Easyjet new hand baggage rules... May 2013

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 May 2013 12:21 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

26 May 2013 9:35 AM by Redrose Star rating in Norwich. 233 posts Send private message

I actually agree with this, there is no room on board for everyones hand baggage as it is. In the event if an emergency landing, hand baggage can be so dangerous!

Like 0      
26 May 2013 1:31 PM by Antonp Star rating in UK. 20 posts Send private message

Easy jet hand baggage rules.

I have never been on easyjet (note the lower case e) I fly 8 times a year and can never see me flying easyjet. I agree with minimalistic baggage in overhead lockers. If was me there would be no overhead lockers. Then we could fly in peace. without the distraction of fools on short hail flights.

Anton 

Like 0      
26 May 2013 4:17 PM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Once again we are all having to 'suffer' because of the few selfish people who have been taking the mick regarding our carry-on luggage. I have seen passengers trying to get full sized suitcases on as 'hand luggage' and then moaning that it has to be put in the hold. Good for you easyJet for making the great unwashed understand that there is a limit to what can go into the overhead lockers. Lets just watch and see which other airlines follw this 'trend' (A certain Mr. O'Leary)

A quick note to Antonp: yes easyJet does start with a small "e" but it also has a capital "J". Not that I am perdantic!!!!!!

Like 0      
26 May 2013 5:24 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Has to be said that for me easyJet and Ryanair both qualify as "airlines of last resort."

As someone involved heavily in airlines and aircraft operations and maintenance for forty years, I dislike the business plan of both companies.Have never used Ryanair and I used easyJet only once and that was quite enough thank you... That an airline is prepared to charge more for a passengers baggage than for the passenger himself / herself speaks volumes about what they really think of their customers.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
26 May 2013 8:24 PM by Antonp Star rating in UK. 20 posts Send private message

steone,

Thanks for the correction. I will pay more attention.

Anton

Like 0      
26 Jun 2013 4:36 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

on almost every Easyjet flight I've been on they've offered at the last minute  free hold baggage for your cabin luggage. I've no sympathy for them. Charging for hold luggage invites people to try to cram as much into their hand luggage.

Sneaky Ryanair have hand luggage restrictions a few centimetres smaller than the rest of the airlines in the hope they can catch you out

I'm too smart for them....they'd have to get up pretty early in the morning to.........etc.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2013 12:06 PM by Susanspain Star rating in Mijas, Malaga. 145 posts Send private message

Susanspain´s avatar

I have travelled twice a year to/from UK since moving to Spain in 2000.  I have always paid for hold luggage - until this year. As it has gone up extortionately!  I was happy to take up the cabin baggage allowance, and yes, whilst it is a pain for everyone as there is not much room (as yes, some take the Mickey)... I don't see why I should be boshed with 50 Euros for a hold bag!  I have written to Easy Jet to lower the price and encourage people to book a bag in. 

If anyone can recommend an airline - other than Ryan Air/Easy Jet - where I can get a return flight to UK (not in high summer season/school holidays) for around Eu120 (inc hold baggage) I would happily swap aliegence. 

(I am on a budget and cannof afford BA/Monarch etc...) 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Air Conditioning unit for sale, good price - 2 posts
Song - 0 posts
Spanish ''song'' - 3 posts
New income tax regulations ? - 7 posts
Hola! Driving from London to Malaga - 15 posts
So. Spanish residency automatic for foreigners buying a house at over €500k ! - 0 posts
is here have any group for wireless communication like walkie talkie? - 0 posts
Wanted a good honest English speaking administrator in Marbella area. - 3 posts
Replacement NIE - 1 posts
Portman/Portman Bay - 0 posts
Long term rental in Spain - 4 posts
Thank You Costaluz Lawyers. Success! - 3 posts
Holiday illness at Benalmadena Holiday Village - 0 posts
mobile internet - 0 posts
new tears eve - 0 posts
dancing schools for children ??? - 5 posts
How to get a Spanish Driving Licence -The truth - 8 posts
Long Term Rental Agreement - 1 posts
Driving license help - 9 posts
Sky on Humax Freesat box - 2 posts
Van share to Spain this summer - 0 posts
Van share to Spain this summer - 0 posts
GETTING RID OF BLACKFLY - 3 posts
OVEN CLEANING - 0 posts
How are the days you spend travelling to and from Spain calcuated towards the 182 day rule - 19 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x