Backdated claims WFP

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 May 2013 2:38 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Johnx, some time ago I think you were claiming backdated WFP's. Did you have any luck?

Like 0      
21 May 2013 3:07 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I got a 'standard refusal' but, if I get around to it, I will continue to fight it.

If you are interested,  this was the letter I sent with the claim.

The basis being was that we were not paid because of a faulty interpretation of the law, not that we were not entitled.  Had they decided to pay us, because of a change in the law, then they could have claim that we were not entitled. 

Dear Sir/Madam,

I write regarding the Winter Fuel allowance.

I understand that as a result of a review following the Judgment in the Stewart case, in the European Courts Of Justice (http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/m-31-12.pdf) it was decided to allow claims by those would have qualified for the allowance but for the fact that they had left UK.

That the original decision was over- turned, I would suggest means that those affected, who have now been paid for last year, should be paid for the previous years when they became qualified by age.  The situation I believe is analogous to a case where say drivers have been convicted  of a law which subsequently proves to be wrong, example convicted of driving over 30 mph  in an area where the street lights are more than 200 feet apart.  (Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984).  When such error is discovered all similar convictions are automatically quashed.

https://www.gov.uk/winter-fuel-payment/overview   states one should get a Winter Fuel Payment automatically if they are receiving  a social security.  I was being paid Invalidity Benefit from about  1987 until receiving my State Retirement Pension (b 26.12.39) and thus I believe I should have been paid the Winter Fuel Allowance from my 60th birthday automatically.    

That I did not bring this to your attention at the times was because I was informed by DHSS/DHS/DWP  I was ineligible by my place of residence.   Now accepted as not a valid reason.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

residencia and s.i.p.card - 3 posts
Grangran - 4 posts
Looking to rehome a Jack Russell - 0 posts
The latest madness from Spain - 0 posts
WHO FITS WATER FILTERS - 2 posts
Burro cracy - 2 posts
Spanish Incompetence - 15 posts
Use solar energy in andalucia - 6 posts
APAERTMENT BLOCK STRUCTURAL MAINTENANCE - 6 posts
Length of POA - 7 posts
Advice please. - 4 posts
KIA KARNIVAL For Sale - 0 posts
Wheelchair transport - 3 posts
Looking to buy in Comares Spain - 2 posts
New Member desperately in need of help!! - 59 posts
Insurance Policy for Costa Galera Phase III found - 0 posts
Voip providers - 24 posts
New mortgage and repossession law approved - What's your view? - 4 posts
For Fans of Charlton Athletic & St Mirren - 0 posts
instant BBQ coals - 4 posts
Illegal/Non authorised Insurance companies - 11 posts
Report ilegal business in spain - 2 posts
May 2013. Is it time to buy now ? - 1 posts
Noisy Nursery in our community - 2 posts
Paying taxes online - Santander - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x