Driving license help

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 May 2013 4:02 PM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Hi,

I have lost my Spanish driving licence .. how do I get a new one? That is the first question .. secondly, there used to be a great guy in El Faro called Jaime who dealt with anything to do with Spanish cars .. transfers, licences etc., but I have also lost his number (I would lose my head if it were loose). Has anyone heard of him and if so do you have his number please?

Thanks,

Jane

Like 0      
22 May 2013 4:14 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

First,   report it lost (you can do that in English on 902 102 112,  between 9am and 9 pm any day.  Then you can go to a National Police Station which you nominate,  and sign it.  Then either go to Trafico and apply for a replacement or do it through a Gestor. 

Remember, if you are not in possession of your DL, or an official  certificate to say it has been applied for, you are not permitted to drive.  Producing a copy of the denuncia (police report) might work but do not bet on it.

Like 0      
22 May 2013 4:29 PM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Thanks for that

Like 0      
22 May 2013 4:32 PM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

I just tried that number and it goes through a list of options ... then says ... muchas gracias para llamar and clicks off ..... will try later

Like 0      
22 May 2013 4:45 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I assume one of the options is to press a number for English (or Spanish and French).

PS  I just called the number, It says in Spanish 'for Spanish press one'  then in English 'For English press 2 '  then for French .....

So press 2

This message was last edited by johnzx on 22/05/2013.

Like 0      
22 May 2013 4:48 PM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Yes I did that John then it went back to the beginning .. no worries I will sort it out and thanks again, Jane

Like 0      
22 May 2013 4:49 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

See addition to my last post. I added PS ........

Like 0      
22 May 2013 4:55 PM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Yes I did it .. I pressed 2 and then it went back to the beginning of the message again ...

Like 0      
22 May 2013 5:04 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Well you can go directly to the Nation police station, or Guardia Civil  which ever covers where you live (or area where you lost the DL) and report it directly.

You will almost certainly need to do that in Spanish and explain why you did not do it on the phone.

Good luck

Like 0      
22 May 2013 5:07 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I just called the number and spoke to the English operator,

She said there was no problem with the service, as far as she knew.

PS  (I had to speak in Spanish as she did not understand me in English !!!!  Hopefully if I had wanted to report a crime she would have done better.  It's  a  'really'  great service!!!!!!!    I don't  think)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Sky on Humax Freesat box - 2 posts
Van share to Spain this summer - 0 posts
Van share to Spain this summer - 0 posts
GETTING RID OF BLACKFLY - 3 posts
OVEN CLEANING - 0 posts
How are the days you spend travelling to and from Spain calcuated towards the 182 day rule - 19 posts
Backdated claims WFP - 1 posts
residencia and s.i.p.card - 3 posts
Grangran - 4 posts
Looking to rehome a Jack Russell - 0 posts
The latest madness from Spain - 0 posts
WHO FITS WATER FILTERS - 2 posts
Burro cracy - 2 posts
Spanish Incompetence - 15 posts
Use solar energy in andalucia - 6 posts
APAERTMENT BLOCK STRUCTURAL MAINTENANCE - 6 posts
Length of POA - 7 posts
Advice please. - 4 posts
KIA KARNIVAL For Sale - 0 posts
Wheelchair transport - 3 posts
Looking to buy in Comares Spain - 2 posts
New Member desperately in need of help!! - 59 posts
Insurance Policy for Costa Galera Phase III found - 0 posts
Voip providers - 24 posts
New mortgage and repossession law approved - What's your view? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x