Lloyds international Bank

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 May 2013 8:48 PM by mumsy Star rating in Staffordshire. 21 posts Send private message

We have an account with lloyds international , from which we pay our bills out in Spain. However, they are in the process of beng taken over by Sabadell Bank.
At present, we are charged (I think) 24 euros every two years for our account. Having a quick look at Sabadell, they charge 8 euro a month for a basic account. Does anyone have any information on banks or accounts that do not charge as much as Sabadell?
Many thanks.
jayne

Like 0      
13 May 2013 11:03 PM by woollyjumper Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

My partners has a Barclays account here on the Orihuela Costa and they don't charge for a bank account and they pay you interest, albeit a small amount, on your account.  I currently have a LLoyds account, but if Sabadell charge 8 euros a month I will definitely be changing to Barclays.  Marlene

Like 0      
14 May 2013 8:01 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

8 euros a month seems a bit steep.  The norm for keeping an account with no money in it (sorry, I mean the minimum without a regular payment) is about 8 euros a quarter, not a month.  The 24 euros or whatever you pay every couple of years is the cost for submitting the non-resident status certificate, not a bank charge although they do make a profit on it.

Like 0      
14 May 2013 9:39 PM by mumsy Star rating in Staffordshire. 21 posts Send private message

Thanks for the replies.... Yes Sabadell, charge 8 euro a month, but take it out on a quarterly basis! A have looked at Barclays, but nearest branch is in Orihuela. I will pop into Deutsche bank next week when I am over, and see if they can offer anything.
Jane

Like 0      
14 May 2013 10:19 PM by zumbob Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

As woollyjumper says there is a Barclays in Orihuela COSTA which is only 10 minutes from Torrevieja if that's any nearer for you.  As we are in Orihuela Costa and currently with Lloyds I think we may be joinnig woollyjumper in a move to Barclays.  We shall wait and see what transpires.

Like 0      
14 May 2013 10:27 PM by mumsy Star rating in Staffordshire. 21 posts Send private message

Hi Zumbob, we are in Playa Flamenca. Looking at the web site, Barclays are actually in Orihuela. There is an ATM at Los Dolses, but would prefer a branch nearer, for depositing money.
Jayne

Like 0      
14 May 2013 10:36 PM by Woollyjumper Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hi, There is a Branch of Barclays on the Orihuela Costa at La Campana Commercial Centre which is near the Punta Prima Commercial Centre,  La Campana is on the 332.  It is where Medesthetics,, Prima Dentists and Style House Furnishing are.  they also have a cash machine outside.  The only drawback with Barclays is that some cash machines want to charge you for withdrawing your money so you need to be careful when using an ATM and check before withdrawing your money.  The Bank Inter Machine opposite the Town Hall doesn't charge for withdrawals.  Marlene

Like 0      
15 May 2013 7:48 AM by mumsy Star rating in Staffordshire. 21 posts Send private message

Thank you for that Marlene. I know where you mean now, so I'll pop in and have a chat with them next week.
Jayne.

Like 0      
15 May 2013 9:08 AM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

But how easy is it to change over all your direct debits etc to a new bank?  It is hard enough in the UK let alone trying to do it in a foreign language. 

Like 0      
15 May 2013 9:32 AM by Woollyjumper Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Easey peasy. You should be able to get a list of DDs from your current bank, take this to Barclays and they do it all for you. Dont close your old bank until you know all the DDs have gone through and when they have, close your old account. We had no problems at all....but dont quote me on this....after all this is Spain! The staff speak English and are quite helpful. You can aso do online banking as well. Marlene.

Like 0      
15 May 2013 1:51 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes have to say when we changed to Barclays must be 3 years ago now, they did it all for us, they know what

you should be paying as far as the utility bills and taxes. If you have anything else deducted just tell them and they

will sort it for you. But we did leave our other account open till everything had gone through just in case there was

any hiccups.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

can you move to spain with no UK or Spanish bank account - 10 posts
Relocating to Murcia - 4 posts
Can I get free advice on starting a business - 7 posts
Taking your Laywer to Court In Spain - 6 posts
Transforming finance - 0 posts
Looking for my pool architect from 2006..(or a new one) - 2 posts
Butano/Propano GAS wall mounted boilers - 4 posts
Spain Officially insolvent get your money out - 9 posts
So Fergys retirement is official - at last - 0 posts
2 Cool Ikea Loft Beds for quick sale €30 each or €50 for the two - Fuengirola - 0 posts
Local Impartial Solicitor Needed for Property Law - 0 posts
embargos - 4 posts
Renewing passport - 7 posts
EHIC Problems? - 19 posts
Where On The Costas? - Phil From Belfast - 1 posts
the plot thickens - 4 posts
Holiday house swap Spain - U.K. - 1 posts
moving to Spain - 11 posts
decorative concrete - 4 posts
legal advice - 6 posts
Costa Calida - 2 posts
Spain still offers a lower cost of living - 10 posts
Claiming benefits in Spain - 1 posts
Reliable builders: villamartin/la zenia areas - 2 posts
Aloha Hill Club - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x