TAX

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Apr 2013 9:20 AM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

A client of mine owns an apartment in SOUTHERN SPAIN he acquired the property several years ago and is BEWILDERED by the tax system

He is a UK resident what TAXES will he need to pay

I did see A link SOME MONTHS AGO advertising help with this on the site BUT ITS GONE NOW

Many Thanks

Like 0      
08 Apr 2013 10:17 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

You can find here a full guide on taxes

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
08 Apr 2013 10:18 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

A client of mine owns an apartment in SOUTHERN SPAIN he acquired the property several years ago and is BEWILDERED by the tax system

He is a UK resident what TAXES will he need to pay

As he has owned it for several years probably about the same..give or take... as last years tax, what his tax adviser told him to pay.

Like 0      
08 Apr 2013 11:19 AM by Ian_n_Angie Star rating in Buckinghamshire and .... 35 posts Send private message

Maria

Thankyou for the link - the info has been very helpful.

Angie

Like 0      
08 Apr 2013 11:40 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks Angie. It is being a pleasure

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
08 Apr 2013 4:33 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Thanks Maria

He needs to PAY his IRNR tax,his IBI and his Basura

I thought he had to pay some other TAXES but I seem to REMEMBER they removed a TAX a few years ago

What if he is getting an income from the property does he HAVE to pay an INCOME tax or is that the IRNR

Any INPUT most appreciated.

Like 0      
08 Apr 2013 4:42 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Why didn't your client research all this before buying?  There has always been plenty of info online,and  in the free press.Will the tax office hammer him for back tax?

Like 0      
08 Apr 2013 4:55 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

I guess its BECAUSE he still lives in the UK but has failed to INSTRUCT an accountant in SPAIN to act on his BEHALF he has had no reminders at his PROPERTY and visits pretty regular

I guess there are a lot of PEOPLE like him but its BETTER that he pays it now rather than in FIVE years time when they do CATCH UP with him

And CAMPASOL i guess he will have to pay FINES.

Maria I have SENT your guide to him and HE MAY contact you for proper ADVICE.

Thanks

Like 0      
08 Apr 2013 8:36 PM by Calahonda52 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

IMO the best way to deal with the IBI and Basura is have someone go to the local town hall: ideally he should go, with his passport or NIF details.

There are late fee charges on these: I have a S/O set up with my Spanish bank and they go on time and as they are paid on time they offer a slight discount to face value.

The Implied income tax can be done either through a local accountant or lawyer or through numerous online companies who offer the service.

I use a local quy who charges  100 euros pls IVA, the online services are about the same cost.

He is best getting it sorted asap as there is a process in place for arrears collection and penalties.

All these taxes and the community fees attach to the property if not paid: hence they don't do reminders

To make sure all is well and dandy with his ownership of the property he should have a Nota Simple done

HTH

This message was last edited by Calahonda52 on 08/04/2013.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Corvera, the smart new kid on the block in Spain's empty airports club - 3 posts
can any one help me - 7 posts
bed sizes - 2 posts
Building a horse stable/shelter - 1 posts
INSURANCE EXCLUSIONS - ACTS OF GOD AND THE CONSORCIO - 21 posts
bank lending to communities - 1 posts
Hi I'm new here. - 8 posts
New Government plan to boost jobs & property market - 1 posts
Bringing UK hard-disk recorder - 2 questions - 7 posts
walking dogs - 17 posts
rental agreement need advice??? - 4 posts
Habitation certificate - 106 posts
About to get my account suspended so i will just leave - 1 posts
Having spanish empolyees based spain for a UK comapny - 3 posts
Alebs - 2 posts
CAM paying Eurohouse clients without a Bank Guarantee - 2 posts
Aifos showing Bank accounts - 28 posts
Rural Property Taxes - 0 posts
Sky UK to add subtitles to FTA channels - Sky News, Pick TV & Challenge. - 0 posts
Isobel - 2 posts
What social class are you? - 18 posts
New Double Taxation Agreement between Spain and UK - 65 posts
even more rentals will become illegal - 3 posts
Buyers Commission !! - 5 posts
Rossetti buy me some beer - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x