Looking for Removal Company

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Mar 2013 4:08 PM by Astonia7 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hello I am new to the forum, and had a couple of questions. 1. Anyone know of a reliable moving company in UK I could use to ship personal stuff, no large furniture, just boxes. 2. Looking for place to rent in Murcia area any tips on an estate agent and also reasonable hotel until we find a place. Thanks

Like 0      
02 Mar 2013 4:19 PM by chrisinspain Star rating in Los Alcazares. 195 posts Send private message

chrisinspain´s avatar

I have a friend who regularly travels between Spain and the UK  who does removals and transportation. He has a 40ft articulated lorry and storage both ends. His prices are pretty good. I've sent a PM with his phone number and name.

Air Conditioning, Energy Assessor+Technical Services,

chris@homecomforts.es   

http://www.homecomforts.es/

Like 0      
02 Mar 2013 4:22 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Take a look at    shiply.com. 

You can get quotes from lots of transporters, without any charges or obligations.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2013 5:17 PM by Astonia7 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thanks for the Chris and John I will check them both out.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2013 7:15 PM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

a hotel until you find a place seems strange to me.

you just walk into a real estate agent and rent a property on the spot.

or thats what i did.

for a week in a hotel you could cover a months rent

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      
02 Mar 2013 7:52 PM by Astonia7 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

That maybe true, but I don't think I could find a place that quick I would like to look at several before I make my mind up. How long did you have to sign a lease for?  I would hate to commit to a place for a few months then not like it then have to move again.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2013 2:51 AM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

first lease was 11 month but you can get 6 months which do tend to be a bit more expensive..

i looked at 4 and moved in the same night even though i had a hotel paid for by the company that was relocating me.

chances are you will find yourself moving a lot anyway because with the economy pretty destroyed the rents are plummeting so its something you get used to.

houses people are renting tend to get reposessed, handed back to the bank or sold in some rare cases so you often have no say in it.

every time we move we get a better house for less money and thats about 14 times in 10 years

This message was last edited by Mungry on 03/03/2013.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2013 8:52 AM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
In my area (Málaga province, inland) you can get a 2 or 3 month rental, especially at this time of year because then the owner has the place available for summer rentals at a high price. If you go to an agency to rent, then they'll probably push you into a 6-month formal tenancy, but when another Eye onSpain member was looking to rent in my area I found 7 nice houses for him to look at and all would have taken shorter agreements (though in the end he did take one of them for 6 months). There's more flexibility because landlords are desperate and there are more places to rent than people to rent them.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
03 Mar 2013 9:54 AM by Astonia7 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thanks Mungry and Tamaraessex, we will be leaving the end of April. We will be looking in the Los Alcazares , for a 3 bed 2 bath with pool if possible, oceans views would be nice, and of course my husband needs a golf course and would prefer villa over apartment. We moved back to the UK from Texas USA last year and so the least amount of moves we do would be better although in this move there will be no furniture involved I am being brutal getting rid of belongings before we move.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2013 5:38 PM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

rember that in spain its more normal to have a fully furnished house to rent.
furnished as in with knives and forks in the drawer and they even have toilet roll and cleaning fluid in the cupboards.

the minority are unfurnished and quite often few and far between.

so if you are shipping all your furniture over you may have to find a place with a garage to put it

Like 0      
03 Mar 2013 5:49 PM by Astonia7 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Not bringing furniture as I said in my last post just personal stuff. I guess if we find a place and don't like there plates, cups, and other such stuff, we can always box it up and buy our own.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

PLease Help, Translator in Barcelona, need help with Endesa Electric Bill & Online Account. - 1 posts
Is there any hope for us? - 31 posts
Government aid in spain - 10 posts
Are you happy with spain, how long you lived here and where? - 64 posts
air con - 2 posts
Legal tip 905. Is it Gratuity? - 0 posts
camposol bridge - 3 posts
Asset Declaration 50,000 Euros - 17 posts
Inflation hits the medical market! - 3 posts
orcrosa - 0 posts
Satellite channel update: True Entertainment +1 - 1 posts
Before you buy in a community ask to see the community accounts - 7 posts
Listed Buildings( Zona Protegida) - 3 posts
PRICE OF PROPERTY IN MIJAS PUEBLO and AYAMONTE - 2 posts
Deposit contract, watch out! - 0 posts
MAZARRON MINES - 2 posts
moving at the start of 2014 (hopefully) - 26 posts
When is a bank in Spain not a bank and won't take my money - 4 posts
Hola from Algorfa, Costa Blanca - 3 posts
Income tax threshold - 11 posts
CAR HIRE FROM FARO - 0 posts
Living in an Almacen ..... is this legal? - 9 posts
Utilities - 26 posts
Pool Safety - suggestions please - 9 posts
Sun - satellite outages - possible interruption to signal - UK TV Costa Blanca - Calida - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x