Government aid in spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Mar 2013 3:53 PM by doobeedoobee Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi all,

does anyone know if the spanish government offer any financial help to citizens to pursue sports and health activities, like subsidising them so they can pay less to use health clubs etc

also, are there any grants available to help anyone looking to set up a business in the health and leisure sector in spain? 

any advice would be most appreciated

Like 0      
01 Mar 2013 4:10 PM by ojosazul88 Star rating. 171 posts Send private message

The government are pretty much broke if you have not noticed, regional autonomies even worse, they barely have money to pay for basic services like paying the farmacias so I cannot imagine there are grants for non essential things like health club memberships!
If you are under 30, there are now incentives to help set up a business is lower social security payments.

Like 0      
01 Mar 2013 4:17 PM by doobeedoobee Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

thanks for your reply.

I'm thinking more for students, along the lines of subsidising student discounts for sports activities

Like 0      
01 Mar 2013 8:26 PM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

My wife was a student with a student card and got discounts i am sure.

but i dont remember so well

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      
01 Mar 2013 9:07 PM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

In Spain, this type of financial aid and subsidies come more from the local authorities that from the central govermment so you should check at the level of the Comunidad Autonoma and/or Ayuntamiento.  I am afraid that in the current economic circumstances of many of these regional governments, these subsidies are being severely reduced.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2013 9:15 AM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
As lobin says, this is done at town / village level, albeit usually with money from the Province level of government. So if you were looking to set up a business targetting the people with these discount cards, you'd end up with quite a complex range of tariffs! For example my village gives subsidised swimming to older people, younger people, unemployed people, and people with a referral from the doctor. The neighbouring village only gives it to pensioners. I'm not sure about non-water sports.

Might be worth finding the Province-level councillor / portfolio-holder for sports and communities, and talking to them about your plans, also to the councillor /portfolio-holder for business and employment.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
03 Mar 2013 12:44 PM by comadreja Star rating in the Sierra de Cadiz. 51 posts Send private message

comadreja´s avatar

My ayuntamiento subsidises all sorts of sports for kids and also for the over-65s.   Football, basketball, padel, swimming, keep-fit, pilates, even zumba!  You have to be on the padron to sign up for them.  They occasionally bring in specialsed trainers from outside the town, but any foreigner would have to be fluent in Andaluz or they wouldn't get very far ...

Like 0      
03 Mar 2013 2:42 PM by doobeedoobee Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks for all the replies everyone, you've given me some leads to follow

Like 0      
03 Mar 2013 8:18 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
By the way I totally agree with Comadreja about the language. I was taking it for granted that you have competent and fluid Spanish, if not yet fluent?

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
04 Mar 2013 1:24 AM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

and build up relationships with locals over many years

or partner with people that have.

and grease a few palms

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      
04 Mar 2013 9:12 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Hi all,

does anyone know if the spanish government offer any financial help to citizens to pursue sports and health activities, like subsidising them so they can pay less to use health clubs etc

also, are there any grants available to help anyone looking to set up a business in the health and leisure sector in spain?

any advice would be most appreciated

This might not be the same in Spain as the UK,  BUT, a subsidy generally has to be paid for somehow, by someone, either by the council, government or the last person who gives it out...and i mean out of their own pocket, i dealt with a council run subsidy with one of my business's, at the time, and the promises i were given, it sounded bulletproof.

It worked like this, the customer gave me a council agreed note to the value of xxx, i gave the goods over, i then had to take / send this note to the council to reclaim my money. Now the trouble starts.

Long story short, i had to threaten the council with court action because they wont pay, mess you about, lose paperwork, submit the claim again,  who did you speak with? be aware when it comes to taking subsidised money, their is only one way....get the money....give the goods.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Are you happy with spain, how long you lived here and where? - 64 posts
air con - 2 posts
Legal tip 905. Is it Gratuity? - 0 posts
camposol bridge - 3 posts
Asset Declaration 50,000 Euros - 17 posts
Inflation hits the medical market! - 3 posts
orcrosa - 0 posts
Satellite channel update: True Entertainment +1 - 1 posts
Before you buy in a community ask to see the community accounts - 7 posts
Listed Buildings( Zona Protegida) - 3 posts
PRICE OF PROPERTY IN MIJAS PUEBLO and AYAMONTE - 2 posts
Deposit contract, watch out! - 0 posts
MAZARRON MINES - 2 posts
moving at the start of 2014 (hopefully) - 26 posts
When is a bank in Spain not a bank and won't take my money - 4 posts
Hola from Algorfa, Costa Blanca - 3 posts
Income tax threshold - 11 posts
CAR HIRE FROM FARO - 0 posts
Living in an Almacen ..... is this legal? - 9 posts
Utilities - 26 posts
Pool Safety - suggestions please - 9 posts
Sun - satellite outages - possible interruption to signal - UK TV Costa Blanca - Calida - 2 posts
Lowest Price Wireless Internet - 0 posts
In the Alpujarra - 0 posts
Summer Car Hire - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x