Next Pope could be Spanish....

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Feb 2013 4:39 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

UP to 10 Spanish Cardinals could be elected as Pope when Benedict XVI leaves his post on Thursday, February 28 after resigning due to 'old age and health problems'. Following the Pontiff's startling announcement yesterday, speculation has been rife as to who his successor will be. In theory, any man who is celibate and has been christened can become Pope, but the leader of the world Catholic Church is normally one of 120 Cardinals elected.....Is the nationality of the Pope of any real importance?  

GO TO EOS NEWS BLOG

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
12 Feb 2013 5:46 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Sorry to look on the funny side of this.....christened can be found out...i suppose....but celibate....how do you ask?....

Oi mate, er you ever, er you know, er sh...d, er well i dont mean it to sound like that...but, well what about the ole hand j.... er no sorry... lets try again....oh bugger it...oops sorry.... 

Oh just tick this box with a no and we wont say any more about it....you got the job.

Not me i wont ask.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2013 10:24 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

Don't apologise I was thinking the same thing!  Well in fact I was also thinking that they would have to be "straight" ie: not corrupt :) which would probably knock the Spanish candidates out of the running! Only kidding..... But then again... the Church isn't exactly the most transparent operation is it? So they might just need someone with experience :)

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Advice on trees required, false pepper, mediterannean pine - 3 posts
What are your main concerns when looking for property in Spain? - 35 posts
Murcia San Javier Airport, nice but lacks public transport..? - 6 posts
Data Protection Laws - 6 posts
Endesa Billing Problem - 7 posts
Please Vote for Tamara's Blog! - 24 posts
**** New Property Developer - 11 posts
Bikes for sale - 1 posts
Help.. School advise in Manilva - 4 posts
Hello - 1 posts
Car Hire .. how do you get the best deal ? - 0 posts
Self employment in Spain - 2 posts
Best Sausages in Spain ?? . It could be... Camposol Butcher shop ...Sector A - 2 posts
Pool heat, lighitng and covers - views from others who have been down this path gratefully received. - 16 posts
Looking for Window Tinting Service in Marbella - 5 posts
Tiling - 5 posts
Orihuela City - 2 posts
corvera airport - 180 posts
Long term parking at murcia airport - 4 posts
Cartagena: Port & City. The Hidden Gem of Med? - 10 posts
Spanish bread - 4 posts
Websites for Charities - 2 posts
Changing my Driving License - 9 posts
Advice on Spanish property tax - 9 posts
Another case won by my fantastic Spanish lawyers! Thanks to EOS - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x