Changing my Driving License

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Feb 2013 5:56 AM by davidjrowe Star rating in Casares Pueblo. 37 posts Send private message

Well, i have the photos, a new copy of my Padron Certificate, my UK license, Passport, NIE and yesterday I took the medical exam. Which consited of Eyesite test, blood pressure which was a little high, (i dont think 3 cups of coffee before the test are a good idea), and the co-ordination test, ensuring two lines stay on two moving roads with your right and left hand, then pressing a red button when you think a dot has come to the end of it journey and answered questions about my health.

Now I will take the trip to traffico in Malaga to apply for the Spanish License with all of the above.

Fingers Crossed

Like 0      
12 Feb 2013 7:06 AM by davidjrowe Star rating in Casares Pueblo. 37 posts Send private message

I went to traffico with everything or at least thats what i thought. I did not need the Certificate of Padron. But i did need the paper certificate that came with my license. Process was easy, You complete a simple form, pay the tax 27.10, then hand in your documnets and copies, I was then given a stamped certificate to show that the application has been made. 

If you need photocopies the Kiosk outside will do this. 

Like 0      
18 May 2013 7:51 AM by buffalowind Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I understood that it was not essential to change your licence (as a UK licence is a European licence), but only to have a medical?

Why did you change yours?

Thanks

Like 0      
18 May 2013 7:58 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Why did you change yours?

I changed mine about 20 years ago.

It was not a legal requirement, but I decided that it is a lot easier renewing a Spanish DL as I live here. and more importantly, driving a Spanish Reg vehicle, with Spanish DL, insurance etc.,  means that I am 'just one of the crowd' and if stopped, I am less likely to be treated any differently from any other Spanish resident.

Like 0      
18 May 2013 8:20 AM by buffalowind Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Ah. OK Thanks

I have a number of classes on mine that I know the Spanish do not have. Which is why I am reluctant to give it up.

I have my medical next Friday.

Like 0      
18 May 2013 8:30 AM by davidjrowe Star rating in Casares Pueblo. 37 posts Send private message

I am still waiting for my Spanish License, 9th Feb I handed in all documents and paid, any idea on how long it should take? 

Like 0      
18 May 2013 8:31 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Since I first changed mine I have lost the right to drive large trucks (maybe over 3,500 kgs). 

It  was OK at first when I did the initial change, all my groups were included,  but then for the heavier vehicles  it required a more expensive medical and had to be renewed more often than the usual groups, so I let it slip away.

Like 0      
18 May 2013 8:39 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

David, the last time I renewed my Spanish DL,  I it did using the medical centre where I did the medical test.  All on line, all singing, all dancing etc.

After a couple of months calling them as it had not arrived, I when to Trafico and discovered the application had not been sent by the medical centre.

I would suggest you check with Trafico just to be sure it is really being processed.

Like 0      
23 May 2013 1:21 PM by helly_smile Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

helly_smile´s avatar

I have been also waiting for my driving License for around 2 months and this spoilt my plans :( 

Like 0      
23 May 2013 1:53 PM by davidjrowe Star rating in Casares Pueblo. 37 posts Send private message

Off I went to traffico yesterday and yipee they printed my temp license and informed me that i should have the original in the next 3 weeks! I suggest if you are waiting it is best to make a visit in person.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Advice on Spanish property tax - 9 posts
Another case won by my fantastic Spanish lawyers! Thanks to EOS - 11 posts
Confusion When Buying a Bank Repossession - 5 posts
leather 3 seater sofa for sale - 0 posts
proof of payments at notary - 3 posts
Dave - 1 posts
Can you help me? - 5 posts
Tram in Murcia - 4 posts
Planning law, wooden sheds, cabins and houses - 4 posts
NEGATIVES OF LIVING IN SPAIN - 41 posts
POSITIVE'S FOR LIVING IN SPAIN - 13 posts
Im moving to spain SOON Residence in Spain how easy/hard is it to get - 23 posts
when does it get warmer in Murcia - 7 posts
Age Concern volunteer Angela Keay MBE congratulated by British Ambassador - 0 posts
CASH REGISTER AND SHOP FITTINGS FOR SALE - 2 posts
Is Spain still the best option for retirement abroad? - 86 posts
Movistar top up in the UK? - 5 posts
Rental Experience - 3 posts
Computer help - 4 posts
Fancy a laugh? Post your best joke - 16 posts
Rental agent threatening denuncia & embargo on bank account - 5 posts
Do the courts have a website where the dates of future cases are posted? - 5 posts
Glass Curtains - 0 posts
3 day car hire - I couldn't believe the price - 4 posts
Spanish radio - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x