Have you noticed people have woken up?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Feb 2013 12:06 PM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

40K is really to little you will only get a small apartment possible 1 or 2 bed with 1 bathroom and a second bathroom is very important when you have guests over, another 10K would make a big difference and remember the day you buy is the day you sell . there are a few distressed sales here and there you might be lucky , people who want to get out and go home for some reason.....

Like 0      
02 Feb 2013 4:22 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Hi Hawkins111.

Yes that's correct about the keys and locks, the community got sick and tired of owners that were either late or didn't pay their community charges so it was agreed that these people were locked out of the pool area, we all had normal keys which unlocked the gates, then on one visit i had a letter in my box telling me to go to the office in Torrevieja to get new keys, so along i went with a German friend to get these keys, we had to pay for a new set, about 15€, my friend had a shock because it turned out he was one payment behind and couldn't have new keys until he paid back payments, he did, we came away. 

The keys are a round disc that you touch onto the round disc of the pool gate, it clicks and opens, you have to do the same on leaving, the problems arose when a owner let his house...to who ever...and they went to use the pool and than found no entry to the pool because that owner hadn't paid up in full.  this system has been going on for about two years now and no problems yet. 

I had a few ask to be let in, nope i said, i had one couple ask to be let out, nope i said, why should i be on time with every payment only for someone else to enjoy on my behalf what i paid for, no way. My community charges were 320€ a year, some owners hadn't paid for two years.

I didn't know it was illegal as you say, but i am in full agreement of.... NO pay...NO enjoy, too many people in what ever country these days think they can do what they like with out any repercussions, so long as someone else pays the price.

Like 0      
02 Feb 2013 4:30 PM by steve&hayley Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

IMO I think if you don't buy soon you never will, I purchased in 2006 at the top
Last year I purchased a large villa for under half the bank valuation. Don't get me wrong I've lost on the first property but look at facts recently two investment banks put buy on 3 year Spanish debt the uk owes 1.4 Trillion that means if you started a company when Jesus was born and lost 1 million every year you wouldn't reach UK debut until the year 2700 ummm ( I read that I didn't work it out)
So I think it makes sense the Spanish market will improve before the UK if in doubt check out the Euro it's gone from 1.28 last July to 1.14 today.
This is just my opinion would love to here yours

Regards
Steve

Like 0      
02 Feb 2013 4:44 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

It's good to buy now due to the fall in house prices,  but not good to buy due to the fall in euro exchange.

Like 0      
02 Feb 2013 6:31 PM by HAWKINGS111 Star rating in Las Filipinas. Spain.... 290 posts Send private message

HAWKINGS111´s avatar

Hi Baz 1946.

Yes i agree with you entirely that people that are behind in their community fee payments should not enjoy the benefits of the pool area etc. Could not agree more. As president of a small urb i dont have that problem but was just pointing out that if you checked with your administrator he would confirm that it is illegal, unfortunately, but hope it continues to work for your urb without any repercussions.

The euro exchange rate will of course fluctuate up and down but with property prices in Spain more or less at rock bottom, prices can only eventually go up, so there will never be a better time to buy in Spain than now.

Steve/Hayley. I see your point but the u.k market is different from that in Spain. The u.k property market has tumbled because of the credit crunch and inflation in 2007/2008 but prices have not nearly dropped at the same level as Spain, because they did not over build. Spain on the other hand had the golden goose for the last 10 years or so selling properties to u.k residents and other europeans with prices going up on "off plan" properties every 3 or 4 months and so they built an enormous amount all over Spain and when the crunch came for them as well, they find that there are about  1 million "key ready" properties still unsold in Spain, maybe a lot more, which is why there is not a lot of house building in general going on at the moment. A big chunk of those need to be sold before the market can start to get back to some sort of normality, which will probably take a good few years, which is why i think the u.k market will recover much quicker. Spain economically will unfortunately be in the doldrums for a long time yet.

We were lucky as we bought in mid 2008 at a very good price but on reflection had we waited another year or so we could have saved another €25,000 more or less. My advise for what it is worth is, if you are going to buy folks, buy NOW.

Now  Retired and have our money back in FULL via our bank guarantee.    Bob and Pauline.

Like 0      
02 Feb 2013 7:26 PM by twogun Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

for me--not a cat in hells chance,  illegal builds,  there are at least 40,000 of them,  builders  running off with the deposit   even had a  LAWYER TRY TO SWINDEL ME, the burocracy is stogy & slow  & very frustrating---- best off renting you are then not tied to spain you can rent anywhere 

TE SPANISH ILLEGAL BUILD SYSTEM HAS RUINED ME

Like 0      
02 Feb 2013 9:57 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I had a similar problem, my solicitor let me buy a new house on ground the builder didn't even own but still managed to build a house on,  he told me a pack of not very good lies and left it right until the very last moment before telling me, and i mean the last minute, then he even had the cheek to tell me to rent the house until he got it sorted out.

First he makes a total mess of the whole thing, tells me a pack of lousey lies, then wants me to rent it, until he sorts his stupid mess out.

Good ole Spain i say.....Except all this took place in ENGLAND, with supposedly one of the best ENGLISH solicitors going, with the local ENGLISH council.

Like 0      
03 Feb 2013 11:22 AM by twogun Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

For every one case in uk there will be 20 in SPAIN Ibought a completly built house in Murcia & IT TURNED OUT TO BE AN ILLEGAL BUILD,   been on the market for 7 years still not sold    good ole Spain !!!    it takes half a day to renew a driving lience with a personal visit  to trafico oficina to do so.      they have 14 bank holidays a year  and still hold out the begging bowl for money from the e/u after recieving it for the last 30years   GOOD OLE SPAIN

Like 0      
03 Feb 2013 2:24 PM by vikki13 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Like 0      
03 Feb 2013 2:47 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Vikki
             willing to pay all Spanish tax due but not money earned outside Spain

You don’t show if you are or are not tax resident in Spain.

If you are then you are obliged to pay tax on all INCOME worldwide, unless the double taxation agreement between Spain and your country to say otherwise.

If you are not tax resident but own a property,  then you are  just taxed  on the property.

As for the new regs. 
                                       The declaration is for the value of the assets held outside Spain,  by those who are tax resident in Spain;  There is no suggestion about any additional  tax.  So at present there is no reason not to comply, and with the penalties for not complying, there are good reasons to do so.

Like 0      
03 Feb 2013 4:09 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
I've got used to thread drift but is cross-threading a new thing?

Like 0      
03 Feb 2013 4:11 PM by HAWKINGS111 Star rating in Las Filipinas. Spain.... 290 posts Send private message

HAWKINGS111´s avatar

Hi Twogun.

Unlike Greece, Portugal and Ireland  who have been bailed out by the EU and Greece are looking for a 2nd bailout, Spain as of now have not yet been bailed out with EU money. The Spanish prime minister is so far rejecting a bailout, so i dont think with all due respects that the Spanish government can be accused at the moment of holding out a begging bowl, although personally i think that they may well have to at a later date, but that remains to be seen.

Johnzx.  You are quite correct in your post it depends whether you are a tax resident or not in Spain. One is expected to pay tax on their total income but NOT twice in 2 countries, so as you said there is no reason not to comply.

Spain have 2 source's of income, tourism and property, and unfortunately both at the moment are suffering because of a general world wide recession, which eventually will gradually get better.

With every country having its own particular problems at least here in Spain ours dont feel quite as bad with the sun shining for approximately 360 days every year. I say this as an englishman who has retired to Spain and will always love the U.K and feel the U.K is a great place to live and work in, as i have done, but Spain takes a lot of beating as a place to retire in.

Great weather, lower crime rate, better respect shown to the elderly, and a very family orientated people and country. Yes i know that sounds like i have become Spanish, well not quite but...........................................................CLOSE.

Now  Retired and have our money back in FULL via our bank guarantee.    Bob and Pauline.

Like 0      
03 Feb 2013 4:36 PM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

With regards to the Spanish property glut, these figures from the Department of Housing in Spain might be of interest to folks here, taken from www.spanishpropertyinsight.com.  The figures refer to newly-built homes and were produced at the end of 2011 so could be seen as a little out-of-date.  However, even though there have been sales during 2012, there has also been an increase in the number of new-builds being finished and ready for sale, so the figures below are still seen as a good guide.  Also, I wonder how accurate the figures are?  They seem a little low to me. Of course, if you're looking to buy in Spain, you'll be buying something you like in an area you have chosen because you like it...so figures like this are probably useless!  Interesting, though. Could be a bargaining tool? 

Highest surplus      VALENCIA      139,273 properties   ie:   20.60%

Second highest       ANDALUCIA   107,138 properties  ie:   15.85%

Third highest            CATALUNYA   102,814 properties  ie:  15,21%

Like 0      
03 Feb 2013 6:13 PM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

how do i say this?

a 40k golf apartment

think about it

chances are it will be on a blighted development

imagine moss side in the uk

it will always have that kind of reputation even if they tidy it up.

every are in the uk has some kind of ghettho wether it be manningam lane in bradford or one of the ghettho areas down south.

these will always be tarred with the bad repuation.

as soon as i hear polaris world i laugh because thats a blighted area and will never shake off the reputation.

ummm

what kind of quality of people is an area where you can buy a 40k a apartment?

surely they are not going to be the high quality kind of people you want to spend time areound.

its also a `golf` apartment which means away from the sea and at the side of a green field.

so far i have never heard of anyone really happy with one of these golf apartments.

price is low so of course holiday rental price will be low so you will maybe end up with `low quality` neighbours.

the build quaity will suck so when you go to sleep and your neighbour comes in you will be able to hear everything including them going to the toilet.

as i said before i had some financial trouble so i moved into a place that was very cheap and i would be awoken to the sound of one of the neighbours taking a pee every night.

is that really where you want to be holidaying for the next 10 years?

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      
03 Feb 2013 8:32 PM by trowell1 Star rating. 150 posts Send private message

Good points mungry, I,m over in Spain soon to take another look

Like 0      
03 Feb 2013 8:50 PM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

there are going to be some serious bargains soon

the market has a long way to go because the propertys that people walk away from now or the last year wont hit the open market for at least 2 years.

and there are a hell of a lot of people just abandoing properttys at the moment now dation is harder.

a 2 milion euro house is currently for sale for 220k cash in estepona, andalucia
the bank cant reposees it so they want to just sell it before they take posession.

if you have cash ready to steam in when that one single property that rocks your world comes privately on the market you should be really able to win bigtime.

but i doublt you will be able to find it going through the scumbag agents and normal channels

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Legalities of a small boat and a small fishing net - 7 posts
Legalities for handing back properties in Spain 2013 - 10 posts
Looking for villa to rent - 0 posts
Excellent one owner car for sale. - 0 posts
Minimum Value Letter Received Today - Any Advice? - 25 posts
how to post our website info here ? - 2 posts
Buying in Estepona - 16 posts
Am I being thick ? Help with Blog please ! - 4 posts
coin operated electricity meters in Mallorca ? - 2 posts
Towns inland an hour from Malaga ideas please! - 1 posts
so confused about healthcare & prescriptions for non-pensioners - 28 posts
San Jose/HDT court action/Guadalupe - 4 posts
Improvement for the reception of UK Sky channels in Spain - 5 posts
proxy vote's - 4 posts
euros - 8 posts
Estate agents in El Campello - 0 posts
Legal tip 894. Creative legal solutions for property in Spain - 0 posts
assetts outside spain - 2 posts
IVA and Bank Guarantee Refunds - 3 posts
Mobilehome park in doñana huelva - 0 posts
Experienced Advice - 1 posts
Do i realy nead a solicitor, when selling - 16 posts
Dation and balance VII. Out of Court sales-auctions - 0 posts
Finally Moving to Spain - 9 posts
Prescription charges - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 56

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x