proxy vote's

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jan 2013 7:15 PM by bluefox Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

could someone please tell me that when there's an agm or egm and a vote is taken, proxy vote's are usually used, do they have to be on individual sheet's and signed, or can just a list of owner's name's be used, as i read somewhere that a list of name's cannot be used for a vote if it's an advantage to the president & administrator, i can't remember the site i read it from, also again is it against community law that an owner can be banned from using complex facilities if they have any kind of debt, can anyone out there help ? thank-you. b.f. 

This message was last edited by bluefox on 28/01/2013.

Like 0      
28 Jan 2013 7:50 PM by CostaBlade Star rating in Riviera. 115 posts Send private message

Hi bluefox.

Proxy's cannot be just read from a sheet, they have to printed and signed as proof of validity. Signed "faxes" are valid.

Sometimes (if your rules community permit) emails may be sufficient but again must be proven for valiity, as anyone can create an email address in someone elses name, for dubious reasons.

As for banning owners from using community facitilies because of being a debtor, no you can't. (They are not aloud to vote at a AGM/EGM though).

Hope this helps.

Like 0      
28 Jan 2013 9:29 PM by Jacksonsadmin Star rating in Marbella , Malaga. 78 posts Send private message

Hello Blue fox ,

A proxy vote is the act of appointing a representavive to act for a member in the community meeting.This may be AGM ; Extraordinary or ordinary.

The LPH community law allows for a member who has paid his community fees to vote in this way.

The community will use a form as a rule for this purpose.Some forms are more democratic than others in the choice they give to for the member to mark different points of the agenda with their voting wish and then appoint the president or another representive to vote for them as their  wishes. Other types of form allow only for a person or the president to vote for you ( you can of course instruct the representive with your individual vote wishes but under this system the proxy holder has the ultimate power desicion of the vote in the meeting). All forms must allow the representive to vote for the member in what way he wishes also. A written letter appointing a representive is also a legal instrument which gives the power to vote to the named representive. The importance of this person being able to identify themself as the representive of the member by passport / driving licence & or NIE is a very imortant part of any of the authorities.

Community statutes may limit the number of proxy votes a person can hold but there is nothing in the LPH which relates to this so it is challengable in law.

As Costa blade states you can vote by email but the members should previously have voted to accept this as a proxy or it is left to the discreation of the president who is the chair of the meeting.A fax is a legal instrument in Spain.

As a community owner you own a share of the communal facilities and therefore  a member can not be restricted in use of the same if community fees are not paid .The community can of course persue the member for his debt to them through legal channels.

I hope this helps.

F.Parkinson Administradore

f.parkinson @ jacksonsadministradoressl.es www.jacksons-group.com

Like 0      
29 Jan 2013 7:24 PM by bluefox Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

many thank's to the both of you for your input, it was a tremendous help and very re-assuring. regard's b.f.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2013 10:41 AM by bluefox Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

hello jacksonadmin, i very much appreciate your reply, but could you tell me please exactly where that information came from, we have an a.g.m. coming up very shortly and i need that info to be legally verified, as it will be a very important point to prove at that meeting, most important also is using a list of name's from a single sheet rather than the legal individual proxy sheet. thak's again. b.f.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

euros - 8 posts
Estate agents in El Campello - 0 posts
Legal tip 894. Creative legal solutions for property in Spain - 0 posts
assetts outside spain - 2 posts
IVA and Bank Guarantee Refunds - 3 posts
Mobilehome park in doñana huelva - 0 posts
Experienced Advice - 1 posts
Do i realy nead a solicitor, when selling - 16 posts
Dation and balance VII. Out of Court sales-auctions - 0 posts
Finally Moving to Spain - 9 posts
Prescription charges - 3 posts
Bank sales, repossessions. - 4 posts
TomTom Start 60 with free lifetime maps - 3 posts
20% Discount Calais-Dover book before 31 Jan - 0 posts
Claim against Bank for return of Deposit when FOL issued - 1 posts
What's going on in the blogs? - 0 posts
A good travel agent needed - 0 posts
Ideas for nice spanish towns to stay in within an hour of Alicante in March. - 2 posts
Expat Travel Insurance - 8 posts
For Sale - Black five door 1.5 diesel Renault Clio - 0 posts
Audi A4 Avant [RHD] 2.0 TDi - 5800 Euro - 0 posts
Suggestions for Improving EOS - 0 posts
Driving In France - Change on requirement for breathalyzer kit - 0 posts
GENERIC GUARANTEE FOR ROYAL DREAMS OF ALBUDEITE - SOLERA EL TRAMPOLIN - 0 posts
re many thanks to Costaluz lawyers - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x