A Bank or a Circus?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jan 2013 3:01 PM by Woodbug Star rating. 371 posts Send private message

Do governments ever get anything right? Despite all the trumpeting from on high about how the  new SAREB ‘Bad Bank’ will save Spain and relieve the banks of toxic debts, the whole operation has stalled, well not exactly stalled but more failed to start.

Despite having the first €37bn in assets transferred from only FOUR troubled banks, nobody knows what to do with it! The ‘bad bank’ has set massive discounts on new and re-sale properties, land and developments, fully and part finished but don’t know how to sell them!

The fact that they probably spent most time in siesta or fiesta whilst the bank was being set up may account for the fact that cyber squatters nipped in and bagged all the .com and .eu SAREB web domains and have offered to sell them for a huge sum. As it is, they settled for .org in December.

Now, SAREB is tasked with disposing of property and land up to  limit of 90 billion euros at any one time, no financial  institution in Europe can handle this level of responsibility, and SAREB only has two full time staff, (the president and the financial director) plus an independent ‘advisor’ so it is difficult to imagine how on earth this entity can function at all.

The head office situated on the 6th floor of a Madrid office block was chosen by the president because he liked the brightness of the facility and its location, as it is located very close to the headquarters of the FROB and the Ministry of Economy.

There is no plaque on the building, only a small sign on a table inside the building indicating the Banks presence and there is just one huge open space serving as a massive open plan office.

So there you have it – the great plan to save the economy is just a huge empty open space with billions of euros of toxic assets on its books, with no idea how to sell them  and no staff to run  it, anyway.

Woodbug

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

MRI Fraud and Darran MacAnthony - 1 posts
has anyone had experience of 'exporting' DLA and carers allowance to Spain??? - 2 posts
"Payment in kind" - legal rights and obligations - 1 posts
Which budget airlines has the most generous baggage aloowance ? - 15 posts
Ocean View Property Fraud Scandal!! - 0 posts
Where do I find a houseshare in places like Orgiva - 3 posts
The latest corruption scandal to hit Spain. - 75 posts
Breakdown recovery cover in Spain for three months - 1 posts
How do I know if my holiday rental is legit? - 3 posts
Driving to Spain with my car - checklist & advice - 18 posts
Looking for Estate agent suggestion /recomendations please. Rural property - 10 posts
New European Driving License introduced today - 3 posts
STERLING TAKING A POUNDING - 3 posts
Electricity and Water Charges - 0 posts
Thank you - 0 posts
Holiday property rentals next to the golf course of Almerimar, Andalusia, Spain - 0 posts
New Spanish Laws....are they for real, or is it a windup.. - 14 posts
House Sitters - 1 posts
Looking for staff for my boiler room - 2 posts
2500€ cash limit - 1 posts
Almeria - 7 posts
Schools in Mazarron - 2 posts
Aguagest - extortionate water bill! - 0 posts
Dongle - 5 posts
Is now the time to buy property in Spain ? - 22 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x