Dongle

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jan 2013 1:10 PM by aleblancsmith Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Does anyone have experiance of using a dongle in Spain for internet access.  If so do they work well?

Andrew

Like 0      
17 Jan 2013 2:34 PM by spiderman Star rating in Lancashire/Salado. 16 posts Send private message

I bought an Orange Dongle in June last year and put 25euro's on it, only use the laptop occasionally for checking e-mails when back in Spain during September and November, maybe 6 or 7 days use in total. From memory it costs 2 or 3 euros per day to use so may need topping up again on next visit but this can be done on-line. Found the laptop worked fine with the dongle and far cheaper than signing up to a contract when only needing occasional use, may even continue to use the dongle when we eventually move to Spain then I will not spend too much time on the computer as hopefully I will have better things to do. 

Like 0      
17 Jan 2013 4:16 PM by TamaraEssex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

TamaraEssex´s avatar

Friend of mine uses the Carrefour dongle, as they always have bargains on the top-up, ie 30 euros use for 20 euros, and it doesn't expire.  Some of them the top-up expires after a month so be careful.   Carrefour one uses Orange network, and can be topped up in-store or online.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
17 Jan 2013 4:25 PM by the doc Star rating. 30 posts Send private message

I have used a vodafone dongle , works well for me.

When you buy the dongle it includes 3 months access  but with  1 GB limit

Then it's 25 euro  for 30 days access and 1 GB or about 20 euro fo 500MB.

As with all sim cards in Spain, identifaction is required  but with vodafone  it is necessary to top up at least once in about 9 months.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2013 5:49 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes I have a dongle has worked very well from the in the market in Formentera. I bought for 60euros

as a guy had returned it and was going back to UK  and had topped it up so have used it for six months

using the notepad every day for banking emails and facebook.  Have not had to top it up as yet and

it is with the phone shop.

Patricia 

Like 0      
26 Jan 2013 8:00 PM by villamarre Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Hi we use a dongle from orange on 3G network for all our internet at home as we are the campo and have no access to cables etc,have also got a telephone line  "mi fijo" from orange for €10 inc 3000 minutes of calss local and national and kept our old telefonica radiofone number to boot.Works brilliantly and loads cheaper than telefonica,download speeds for dongle on3G are consistently 4-5MB/s and we get 5GB a month for 39€. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is now the time to buy property in Spain ? - 22 posts
Non Bank Guarantee - 3 posts
New surcharge on Ibedrola electricity bills - 1 posts
MORE BLOG SPAM - 2 posts
2 x single beds for sale - La Tercia,Murcia - 0 posts
Up Front Lawyers Fees in Spain - 6 posts
inheritance - 1 posts
Advise on area much appreciated - 6 posts
interest only mortgage - 1 posts
Truth behind Magaluf - BBC Doc- Any Views? - 5 posts
Tolls for A-23 and AP7 - 6 posts
space in a van - 0 posts
Who can i get property at a reasonable price? - 0 posts
Hi to all. - 1 posts
where can i get a list of all Iberdrola's tarrifs and the standing charges etc - 13 posts
tax on uk property - 21 posts
Scottish power/iberdrola - 1 posts
Can anyone tell me why its so hard to find English sales people on the Coast? - 36 posts
Registering property for letting - 3 posts
Torresat in hot water yet again, €600,000 fines due - 0 posts
Translators - 4 posts
does anyone else have a septic tank that purifies the water for use in the garden? - 1 posts
Help Please! - Drawing on your pension from Spain for the first time - 6 posts
swop LHD car for RHD model - 1 posts
Family moving to Spain - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x