Has the band bank stopped my sale?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Nov 2012 8:02 AM by wired Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

I put down a deposit and I also signed a contract to buy an apartment in Marbella back in October. It is a great deal less than half price and a lovely apartment. However my solicitor has said that the bank selling it has stalled on the sale. They think it is because the bad bank will give them more money than what I am paying. I have looked into myself and it looks like I am not alone.

My solicitor has said that it has happened to everyone buying on the same development, he also said that as I am paying less than 75% that is owed, that this is more than likely the real reason for the bank. As these properties could now go back to the bad bank for more money than we are paying.

I should of completed a few weeks back. Are others experiancing the same problems as me, it is very stressful as the longer it goes on I am worried that I will not complete until the new year and it will cost me 6% more in taxes.

Like 0      
27 Nov 2012 8:35 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

If you have signed a contract to buy then there must be a completion date shown
 If the seller has refused to sell on that date,  then they must refund the deposit and pay you an equal sum in compensation .

I would suggest you get in touch with your solicitor and ‘read the riot act.’

(I have said here many times I have never employed a solicitor to buy or sell, as in my opinion most are useless, this would seem to be an example of that )

Like 0      
27 Nov 2012 12:26 PM by Bede Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

The bad bank has definitely not stopped your sale and someone is obviously lying to you. However, if you have an agreement to purchase (this doesn't need to be a notarised document) then you should insist that the deal goes ahead. Sounds like you've got the wrong lawyer...

Like 0      
27 Nov 2012 1:28 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Totally with John on this one you may wish to engage another solicitor ASAP to avoid the possibility of paying more tax or losing the SALE

Rod

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Kindle in Spain - 13 posts
Spanish people moving abroad for work - 35 posts
Living In Spain Documentary Film - 29 posts
VPN - 1 posts
Any advice please. - 4 posts
Community Fees and Debt Recovery Problems - 20 posts
UK DL to Spanish - 16 posts
Real Estate Leads - 0 posts
Grupo 90 - Vacaciones en el infierno - 5 posts
jazztel - 5 posts
Holiday companies - 6 posts
Fifty Shades of Oh My Gawd....v.3 - 4 posts
From the USA, want to buy a car in Spain - 3 posts
What's easiest? Taking my uk RHD to Spain, taking a LHD to Spain on UK plates or buying a LHD in Spain? Help - 4 posts
Why was Spain First Choice & any Oversights/Regrets ??? - 18 posts
Astra 2 F change over tests - 16 posts
TIPS ON BUYING A PROPERTY IN SPAIN - 1 posts
Looking for Lawyers on the Costa del Sol... - 2 posts
hi , matthew here - 2 posts
Record low interest rates - 0 posts
solicitors charges when selling a property. - 7 posts
I need to take my bike licence - 2 posts
One way car hire fees - 0 posts
Cancelling Insurances - Assurance - 7 posts
Form 210 - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x