Maria and her team do it again

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Nov 2012 9:02 PM by clockman Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Over 8 years ago I put a deposit down on a property in the Costa Del Sol, the build wasn’t completed on time, the FOL was issued 11 months after the contract date. My initial Spanish legal representatives informed me that there would be no point in trying to cancel the contract because the FOL had already been issued. I was understandably disheartened but after further research decided to take advice from Maria who confirmed my initial thoughts, these being that a contract is a contract and that 11 months is far too long a period to run over. After a review of my case Maria and her team made the decision to pursue it further. After 2 trips to Madrid by me to the courts I heard the news that we had lost our court hearing, Maria immediately put the decision to the appeal court which her highly trained team won.  

We are now over 8 years on, in receipt of our initial deposit and awaiting interest and fees to be refunded.

Please have faith in this company, Maria and her team are honest, hardworking and professional people. My wife and I visited their office in Algeciras and could not have received a more welcoming reception. It is important to recognise that sometimes responses from Spain are slower than what we are used to in the UK however, this is not to say that your case isn’t been worked on it is obviously just a different way of working. Do not give up the fight, although it was long and tedious for us it was worth the wait in the end. A huge thank you is deserved to Maria and her team.

Martin, UK (November 2012) 

Like 0      
20 Nov 2012 10:07 PM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar

Excellent news Martin.

Your circumstances are almost identical to ours and we got our money back via Maria almost exactly 12 months ago. The other benefit was that we paid our deposit at an exchange rate approaching 1.5 Euros to the £ but got our money back at a rate of 1.16 Euros to the £. As a result we ended up about £10k up on the deal !!..... although I can't reccommend this as an investment strategy !!..... far too stressfull !!

Enjoy that wonderful feeling of a huge weight being lifted from your shoulders.

Well done Maria and Team (again)

JJ

Like 0      
22 Nov 2012 10:36 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks Martin!

I am using your testimonial for my bolg today.

Clients need encouragement, trust and hope.We wish we could fill all that always!

María

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
06 Dec 2012 9:39 PM by RD Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

Slightly different circumstances but thought I would use the same thread....

We would like to thank Maria, Rocio and all the team at Costa Luz Lawyers who have done a great job in helping us with the Dacion en pago process with our bank.

Having bought our apartment at the height of the boom back in 2004 and eventually completed in 2007 the value of our apartment has dropped to around half of the purchase price leaving us in negative equity of around 80,000 Euros. On top of this our 5 year interest only period was coming to an end so the future looked bleak to say the least as our payments would almost double.

We noticed Marias blog on EOS Spain stating that to hand the keys back to the bank was a "legal right" which gave us some hope. 5 months or so down the line and she is true to her word, giving her full power of attorney we have had no direct contact with the bank and the process is now completed.

Before this we visited the bank in February and tried to contact them via E mail after this to try and maybe get another deal on our mortgage but they just wouldnt come to any agreement and were totally unhelpful giving the only answer of "the payments must be made"

Their unhelpfulness carried on, when we eventually contacted Maria for help she asked me for a copy of our deeds which the bank were holding, I contacted the bank who said this is not possible as there are too many pages and I would have to travel to Spain and get them myself, I forwarded this to Maria who then made contact with my bank for the 1st time, I dont know what she said but a copy of the deeds were E mailed to Maria and myself the very next day, amazing!! 

Obviously this is not the outcome we would have prefered and like many people we have lost a lot of money, and thought at this point our investment would have doubled by now not halved, However Maria and Rocio who dealt with our case has made a bad situation a lot easier.

I have heard a lot on EOS about not being able to contact Costa luz and to be fair some E mails did take a while for a reply but I soon realised that if I didnt hear from Rocio or Maria it was really because at that point they didnt have any news for me and when they did have news then they contacted me promptly, obviously they are extremely busy and reply to people as and when they have news for them I think.

I would definitely recommend Costa luz lawyers to anyone looking for legal advice or help in Spain.

Thanks again Maria, Rocio, Cassie and the rest of the team.

This message was last edited by RD on 07/12/2012.

Like 0      
07 Dec 2012 2:02 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks a lot! Happy to hear of satisfaction.

We are constantly improving communication system. 2013 is being the year of achievements on that field.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
17 Dec 2012 2:14 PM by nicolebarrett Star rating in staffordshire. 3 posts Send private message

Congratulations on winning your case !

We too are 8 years later but unfortunately are still waiting for our case to be resolved, despite winning in court we have yet to receive any return of deposits / costs and interest - so far nothing !!

We too are also with Maria and team and we hope it is only a matter of time and patience !! 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Am I eligible for Plan PIVE? - 27 posts
am receiving strange calls on my mobile...... - 1 posts
Tax resident - 32 posts
Electronic Submission of Form 210 - 30 posts
Buying UK products in Spain - 3 posts
Satellite TV in Spain - 1 posts
Non residence tax - 0 posts
Aqualandia - 1 posts
Mercers Estate Agents, Made our dream come true.! - 0 posts
Desperate times..... - 2 posts
Spain keeps turning down dollars - 2 posts
Automatic residency rights if you buy a house in Spain - 4 posts
Roof coverings - 0 posts
3 Seater Sofa For Sale - 0 posts
Estate agents duquesa - 0 posts
Best Freesat Box for Malaga area - 0 posts
buying a new car - costa del sol - 11 posts
WANTED Spain Registerd LHD Car, Estate preferably may consider SWAP - 1 posts
We could be getting some more ex coppers on the Costas - 1 posts
SELLING SPANISH CAR IN ENGLAND - 5 posts
Peugeot 206 Bonnet Needed - 0 posts
Water Heater, Electric 50 litre For Sale - 0 posts
Final hearing decision - 0 posts
Moving to Javea and need mobile phone and broadband - 3 posts
Lawyer WAS neglegent !?!? - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x