Advice Please

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Oct 2012 9:02 PM by sarahmatheson Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello we have just completed on our new holiday home in spain and we want to rent it out to help cover the costs can anyone let me know if the designated rental sites are any good for this Ho;iday lettings and Holiday rentals seem the biggest 

Thanks Sarah

Like 0      
30 Oct 2012 7:25 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Sara

Hi, there are number of things you need to look into before letting.

These include, are allowed by the community and or the licencing on your property to let?

You will need to get the property inspected by the Junta for their approval that the property is suitable to let, fees are payable.

You will have to declare and pay tax on the income, it used to on the GROSS income with no provision for any deductions, including even the electricity bill, wear and tear, damages, cleaning etc. None at all.

I am also told by a person who takes care of several letting properties that she was told by her solicitor that she must have a contract for each rental, it must be legally drawn up and legally registered (even for holiday lets) and that there must be safety inspection on the electric, gas etc. for before each let.

Unless there have been some important changes in the law recently one almost cannot afford to let.

I suggest you take really good professional advice and that anything they tell you is out in writing. Many ‘professionals’ do not know the law so be very careful.   As we all know, ‘that’s the way it is done in Spain’ cannot be relied upon, when the fines arrive

And remember, if one rent damages the property,  you must be able to get the problem fixed before the next renter arrives, maybe in an hour or so. If you can’t then you could be sued for breach of contract.

My son has an apartment. We were trying to sell but have given up. It is now being used by a friend on a no rent basis, as that will mean it is cared for but we will have lo legal issues (WE HOPE).

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Camposol, properties without papers (C & mainly D) - 5 posts
Spanish succession law/ New European regulation - 16 posts
EVERGREEN ELECTRICA - 0 posts
Spanish Income Tax - 3 posts
New to site and Spain - 2 posts
I agree - have waited for telephone and internet for nearly two years - 13 posts
Could you help me to expand my business? - 22 posts
Buyubg a car. - 1 posts
buying a apartment in santa pola - 4 posts
water charges Murcia - 2 posts
New agers - 7 posts
Suma - 5 posts
Discount electrical items in/near Albox - 3 posts
Knocked over by revolving door at Alicante airport! - 0 posts
New to Costa Tropical - Almuñécar - 1 posts
Royal Bank of Mortgages - 3 posts
Corvera Airport - 23 posts
Unethical Agent - 9 posts
Contacting Endesa - 1 posts
House improvement not quite right - What next? - 11 posts
english van re importation - 23 posts
Fifty Shades of Oh My Gawd....v.2 - 5 posts
Clarification of the Horizontal Law of Property - 23 posts
van space - 3 posts
Bankia bail out (Mortgages) - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x