asthma

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by bill and eddy Star rating in valencia area. 5 posts Send private message

Bueno Dias.... Bill and Eddy here,  Eddy suffers from asthma and gets his medication free in the U.K. by a continuous prescription. When we come to live in spain will he get the same treatment in Spain.... Many Thanks.. Bill and Eddy     P.S. weather terrible here can't wait to get to Spain

Like 0      
10 Jul 2007 10:30 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

It would depend on whether you qualify for the Health service......................if you do then there's no reason to think you won't be able to get your medication.

You may find that you won't get a repeat type of prescription straight away cos it seems that the medics here like to keep an eye on you moreso than in the UK.

Actually you can buy inhalers from the Farmacies here without prescription ( I have done so ) so you probably won't have any problem but It may be wise to bring enough to last you while you getsorted over here.

Good luck.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
11 Jul 2007 2:58 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hello bill and eddy

Welcome to EOS.

not sure where in the Valencia region you have bought, but I have heard that the salt lakes in/around torreveija as good for asthmatics.

I know they are reknown to help people with arthritis, but I am sure I read that the air is good for asthma too.

Enjoy the site & forum

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
11 Jul 2007 8:40 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Bill & Eddy, Welcome.

re asthma.  If you go down the topics to Healthcare you will see a lot of questions answered for you.

1.  Are you taking up residency in Spain?  If so, you will get free healthcare in the Valencia region.  Depending on your age, your repeat prescriptions will be free if you're over 65 or up to 85% off if you are not.

2.  Inhalers can be bought over the counter at pharmacies in Spain.  They will allow you two at a time but you should show either your UK prescription or an old inhaler to ensure you get the right one.  I think they cost €4.50 each (cheaper than on prescription in UK).  Spanish doctors will not automatically renew your rx for 6 months like they do in UK as they insist on seeing you every 3 months (no matter what the medication).

3.  If you are moving permanently, make sure you have your E121 or E106 from the Prescriptions Authority in Newcastle.  This, along with your residency, entitles you to register with a GP in Spain and get free or reduced prescriptions.

4.  The climate in the Torrevieja region is particularly good for asthmatics and has been rated as one of the healthiest climates in the world.  Most of the Mediterranean coastal regions improve the way of life for asthmatics (my son-in-law has it and always feels much better when he visits even though the daft beggar still smokes...idiot).

5.  Hope you have a great time in Spain.  We are moving over permanently either next year or the year after and just visit our flat for holidays at the moment.  My wife's arthritis clears up tremendously no matter what time of year.  Mind you, in UK at the moment, we are all growing webbed feet so any bit of sun will be an improvement.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

STOP PRESS re completion & habitation certificates ! 2nd July 2007 - 1 posts
bill and eddy - 2 posts
solicitor required (orihuela costa) - 6 posts
Fantasy Homes By The Sea Wants You! - 0 posts
local fishing spot - 13 posts
A Type Of Key Holder Or Person To Run Errands If Required. - 0 posts
does anyone know the location? - 10 posts
Did you know that your Pet can travel on the same Thomsonfly flight that you are taking? - 6 posts
Buying dogs in Spain - 3 posts
Long Term Rental needed in Playa Flamenca area - 1 posts
Floods in UK - 2 posts
Stamp Out The Bully’s! - 0 posts
any help please - 7 posts
New roundabout - Leaving Torreveija town N332 - Cartegena direction - 7 posts
long term property wanted for rent - 1 posts
NIE Meet in Torrevieja - 3 posts
Directions - 9 posts
looking for someone to take over our client transfer business - 0 posts
Overseas Property Web Sites Buyer - 0 posts
Overseas Property Web Site Buyer - 4 posts
Dream Hills II - R2 - Plots 123-197 - 0 posts
Prices dropping to realistic levels - 6 posts
WANTED - Long-Term Rental Playa Golf II - 5 posts
Passports free to anyone born on or before September 2, 1929. - 0 posts
id card - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x